Manju

Affinity - Strange Canvas resize bug while zooming out

Hello there,

I found a really strange bug. I am working on an item in Detail. But as soon as I zoom out, to get the whole picture, the canvases enlarges itself. Normally it should be the size of the main image (I set the properties of the canvas so they match the resolution of the image). It's not that I can't work anymore, but it's quite disturbing. Does someone have an idea why this happens (I tried rastering every pixel-image but that didn't help)? You can see the problem in the two screenshots I uploaded (First one zoomed out, the last one zoomed in)

thanks for any help,

Manju

AfterZoom.PNG

BeforeZoom.PNG

Hi Manju,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is a known issue on Windows. If you are using a scale value (Display Settings on Windows) different from 125% or 150% (basically the default values provided), changing to one of the defaults should fix the issue. Alternatively if you go to Affinity Designer/Photo Preferences, Performance section and set the Retina Rendering to Low Quality (Fastest) It should also fix it.

This issue should now be fixed in the latest Affinity Photo Beta (v1.6.5.109). If you don't mind to give it a try you can download and install from here. You must keep the retail version installed to be able to run/validate the Beta but they are independent programs and don't share any settings/files.

Okay, thanks for the Tipp on the workarounds. I will stay with them until the new release, I want to keep my SSD clean ^^