Hello,

I'm new to Affinity and i came from Photoshop.

So i have few problems, i have Windows 10

• It can't start without compactibilitie mode set on windows 8.
  • It takes also long time for starting.
  • When i want to open my RAW files in Affinity it takes a lot of time to load.
  • When i want to adjust my RAW pictures brightness,shadows,clarity, my computer freezes for a few seconds when moving the sliders.
  • My live brush preview also not moving smooth.

I can't use the program because of how slow it goes sometimes with al the freezes and stuff.

Thanks!

Hey Jepsio, welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

1. I'm not sure why you are being forced to start in Compatibility Mode. Is your Windows 10 fully up to date and do you have full admin privileges? 
  2. The app can take a while as we enumerate all the fonts and ICC profiles on the machine. This is something we wish to improve in the future.
  3. Loading raw files can take a while. This is because we do not show you any progress during the loading process. Other apps will appear to load faster as they are showing you a JPEG preview of the raw file. Again, this is something we wish to improve on.
  4. What are your PC specs? Does this happen on all raw images and only in the Develop Persona? Does it happen in Photo Persona when adjusting a JPEG, PNG etc.? 
  5. What size brush are you using and what size is your document and what is your DPI? This might be related to why you're having performance issues in the Develop Persona. Are your graphics drivers up to date? Check you aren't using WARP as your renderer from Preferences > Performance.

Thanks,
Chris. 

Thanks!

1. Yes, every thing is up to date and i have the full admin privileges.

2/3. When my app is in compatibility mode its very fast.

4.Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU 3.20 GHz
RAM - 8GB (7.85GB avaible)
HDD - 2TB
Video - GeForce GTX 970

5. DPI = 300, The brush size doesn't matter its always not moving smooth, Everything is up to date, and i'm not using WARP as renderer.

That's odd. From other posts I've read over the years, running in compatibility mode can make the app run slower. 

Your reply to step 2/3 has me a little confused. You said 'When my app is in compatibility mode it's very fast' but I thought you said the app was lagging and you must run it in compatibility mode. 

What i mean is, without compatibility mode my app is starting slow or i dont even start (then the startup image background gets white and then i get an error message saying that windows can’t start the app or something ) and then i need to force shut down. In compatibility mode its starting very fast without any problem also my raw image is loading pretty fast (like 30% faster) only the sliders/functions are a bit buggy my pc freeze somethings when using them.

I hope i was clear enough now? :) 

Sorry if i was not clear yesterday i was tired from work :) 

Thanks!