Sign in to follow this  
GRAPHXking

Vertical & horizontal alignment

I am having trouble finding where to adjust uprights on photos that the subjects not upright or horizontal, taken in difficult positions. Please advise. I know the competitor has adjustments in any increment clockwise or otherwise.

GRAPHXking

Cast 4.afphoto

Hi GRAPHXking,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Not sure i understood your question but if you want to level the image select the Crop Tool click the Straighten button in the context toolbar and drag a vertical line using one of the elements/subjects as a reference. I f you are referring to Lens correction, select the background layer, change to Develop Persona (the third icon on the top left of the interface, go to the Lens panel on the right and adjust the Vertical and Rotation sliders as you see fit. You may want to display a grid to use as a reference going to menu View ▸ Show Grid.

As MEB says, if you use the Develop Persona, in the Lens Panel you can rotate by increments, even something like 1.4 degrees (type 1.4 in the box). The image below is rotated by 3 degrees. That's my favourite method.

dev.jpg.c32cfdb189e4ae76f86fd124ada00455.jpg

You can also use Scale to enlarge the image slightly to eliminate the bits that go missing in the corners. Or you can Inpaint them or use the crop tool, but if you do, use the crop tool in the Photo Persona, not the Develop Persona.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Many thanks toltec, it's good to know that somewhere out there in the ether are people willing to help others it is appreciated. GRAPHXking. Thanks to MEB for support and concern!