You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Alignment tools different? Bug?

While working on a project I could not figure out why the object were not align the way I wanted.

In the example video, I want to center object B & C to A. When using the alignment tools of either in the context toolbar or the top main toolbar it keeps moving A to the center of the selection.

I made the assumption that setting the alignment order in the main toolbar alignment panel would keep those 'align to' setting until I changed them.

I feel this might be confusing. But perhaps this is only me and is not a bug. However I use this feature often and think it an extra step for me to do to get to the tool.

Please move if this is not the correct area to post.

Thanks

Align_VS_Align.mp4

sample_alignment-panel_maintoolbar.jpg

alignment-tools.png

Hi xman

The align options on the context toolbar and when separate on the main toolbar align to selection bounds or spread by default. The flyout has the extra control in the align to option and this doe not influence the other two aligns. In you video you have last selection set so this is aligning to the A object as that was the last selected. The other aligns are aligning to selection bounds

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thank Chris K,

Yeah I guess I was thinking it would be nice to have that option without going into the extra control "flyout"

Perhaps this is a request, more than a bug. But I think you could slip the first last drop down menu on the context toolbar