cgartists

LUT not working

Hi I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnJzswOe1xk (LUTs for Tonal Adjustments (Affinity Photo)) and in my version of Affinity Photo it is now not a 3D LUT but just LUT and when I tried repeating steps I load LUT file in adj layer and nothing happens...

Did you disable the functionality somehow? If so maybe it would be best to just remove the video?

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 10.11.31.png

Untitled.cube

www.cgartists.eu

I just took a photo with one pixel layer and exported LUT and then wanted to import LUT to another file... when I read your reply I start to think that I can't export LUT from just pixel layer but need the adjustments layers? I don't have them now as I flatened the file and just wanted one jpg to have same tones/balance as another one...

www.cgartists.eu

This makes me sad as I thought it will be brilliantly easy way to match images in terms of tones :/ Now that it works only on tonal adjustments I actually don't see how it is different from just selecting layers and pasting them into another document.

But I thank you for fast reply! :)

www.cgartists.eu

On 4/30/2018 at 1:35 AM, MEB said:

Hi cgartists,

The 3D LUT Adjustment has been renamed to LUT but it's exactly the same function, only the name changed. Regarding your file it's also not working for me. What adjustments have you used?

Well that explains my post regarding 3D LUTs not appearing in Affinity. 

On 4/30/2018 at 1:40 AM, MEB said:

The LUTs are created from the (live) adjustments you apply. If you have flattened the image then the adjustments were lost and the LUT created from the pixel layer alone will do nothing.

This is information at the center of LUT creation. A video less than a minute could cover this and th previous comment.