You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have a similar question. The answer provided doesn't help. In Photoshop it is possible to export all layers with a right click.

In Affinity Photo that is not possible nor do I see anything in the Export panel that seems to be applicable to exporting all layers.

Please advise.

Mike

AFAIK you cannot export such direct way in Affinity. You can hide other layers and export the visible one as normal file export, and that is a lot o clickin' if you have to export many layers. It is about the same amount of work if you copy each layer and make a new file from clipboard for each.

@duebergang As @Fixx wrote too there doesn't seem to be a direct way in Photo (yet) to export all layers directly to files.

But there is a workaround you might find handy to do this [see video below]:
* Go to the export persona and create slices from all your layers (if you like the slices to be full width/height, just make the slices bigger per layer)
(* Tell Designer which output format you'd like)
* Export the slices to files with the 'Export slices' button
* You now have all layers exported as single output files. Even layers that lie on top of each other in your layout get exported as the current layer content only

This is the result you get from the actions in the video below, so as you can see, there is no overlap in layers visible in the output files. If you don't want to export only the curves inside the layers, but include the empty parts of the layer too, just expand the slices to full width/height of the layer.

slice2.png.1138a4f353059ced41a33421224f5a90.png          slice1.png.3fcf4cf723a0d6e6379224bbb0a6c13b.png

(I just tried and tested this in Photo 1.7 Beta, but I'm positive this already works in 1.6.x)

Hope this helps!

8 hours ago, Friksel said:

This is the result you get from the actions in the video below ...

FWIW, there is an alternative to selecting the layers one at a time in the Export > Layers panel that can save a lot of time when there are lots of layers in the document:

• Click on any layer in that panel to select it
  • Choose 'Select all' from the Select menu to select all the layers
  • With all of them still selected, click the "Create Slice" button at the bottom of the panel to add each of them to the Slices panel with a single click.

If the document has any parent/child layer relationships, particularly in the capital L container layer type that can be created in Designer, it gets tricker but it still works if you expand the parent layers as needed so you can select the child layers & create the slices in batches.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

22 hours ago, R C-R said:

FWIW, there is an alternative to selecting the layers one at a time in the Export > Layers panel that can save a lot of time when there are lots of layers in the document:

• Click on any layer in that panel to select it
  • Choose 'Select all' from the Select menu to select all the layers
  • With all of them still selected, click the "Create Slice" button at the bottom of the panel to add each of them to the Slices panel with a single click.

If the document has any parent/child layer relationships, particularly in the capital L container layer type that can be created in Designer, it gets tricker but it still works if you expand the parent layers as needed so you can select the child layers & create the slices in batches.

Thanks. You're right, that's faster!

Hi all. I think the answers about "Slicing" via "Export persona" helped me. I exported all my layers as files. However as some have pointed out elsewhere in this forum this solution doesn't seem quite as handy as the export layers process in PS but it works (at least for my purposes right now). Cheers! Appreciate this great community.