GraphicsGod

Affinity Designer - Pixel Persona - Fill tool doesn't work althougt it's action is shown up in protocol

Hey there!

I've found a bug in my Affinity Designer version I directly bought from the App Store.

If I'll use the fill tool in the pixel persona it doesn't do anything visible but its action is showing up in

affinitys protocol.

It doesn't matter if it's:

• a blank new file
  • an area selected with the selection tool

By the way: I tested it on a mac mini 7,1 (2014 with 1,4GHz i5, 4GB ram, Intel HD 5000)

Affinity is in version 1.6.1

The OS is macOS HighSierra 10.13.2

nothing else was open throught the whole test scenario.

Hi GraphicsGod,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You are probably using the Fill Tool on a regular layer rather than on a pixel layer. Click the second icon in the group on the bottom right of the Layers panel to create a Pixel layer. Then use the Fill Tool as usual. Make sure the you have a fill colour selected (i mean it's not set to no fill). Raster based tools (in Pixel Persona) only work on pixel layers (or raster based masks). Regular layers are just containers for all types of objects - including pixel layers - and are used for organisational purposes only.

1 hour ago, melonbird said:

I'm definitely using it on a pixel layer and nothing happens. 

And what are you trying to fill?

Can you show us a screenshot of your Designer window, including the Layers panel?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta