You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been watching a bunch of video tutorials and ended up with more questions than what any of them answered. Basically they told me the how to use but not enough info.

In almost all the videos, they made it seem like this was mostly for web designers. I only work in print, can I not use this if I work at 300dpi?

I have NO use for any IOS anything. If I delete all the assets that came with the program, can I later get them back if I ever find a need for them?

If assets are available every time I open the program, if I had a lot will it slow down the program? Will it be using more CPU resources? I often have several graphics programs open and the web browser, so I have run my computer out of working memory before and am concerned about the impact of assets being there every time.

Thanks

Sig

5 hours ago, SigsCreations said:

I only work in print, can I not use this if I work at 300dpi?

Yes, Assets are assets for any type of work.

If I delete all the assets that came with the program, can I later get them back if I ever find a need for them?

Just export the iOS assets to an .afassets file, you can import them should you ever need them. Reinstalling the app will also restore them. For the iOS 11 assets you would likely have to download them again but thats not a biggy.

If assets are available every time I open the program, if I had a lot will it slow down the program? Will it be using more CPU resources? I often have several graphics programs open and the web browser, so I have run my computer out of working memory before and am concerned about the impact of assets being there every time.

I have quite a few Assets and load time and app usage doesn't appear to be affected. I design and sell crafting components and they have to be decent quality.

If you are running out of Memory I'd suggest getting more, if the system will take it, or look at the apps that are running in the background and disable any that aren't necessary; that will be a lot on Windows, practically every app you install on windows wants to sit there in memory waiting for you to do something. If you have a branded PC like HP and to a lesser degree, Dell, they love to install lots of "helper" apps and most can be disabled. Streamlining your system for better performance can help a lot.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

thanks. Yes that is a good idea to export the assets.

I have a program with leaky memory. I've used it for years and keep thinking that the new versions will fix their memory problems but this is a new computer and I just bought their new version and found that it has the same old problems. (shut down the program and later I have issues so I go into task manager and find that it is still running!)

Yes,I go into admin and turn off a TON of garbage.

Thanks for you fast answer.

Sig