You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How Do I Export With Printer's Marks? No Option There.

I am new, so please be patient.  I need to export with crop marks.   I have read other threads that instruct to export to .pdf, select MORE, and select INCLUDE BLEED AND PRINTERS MARKS.  However, I do not have that option.  Mine only says INCLUDE BLEED.  If I choose that option, there are no crop marks on the exported file.  Very frustrating.  I am able to print the source file with bleed and crop marks, but the export dialogue does not have the option.   Any help would be wonderful!

17 hours ago, Kodimac said:

I am new, so please be patient.  I need to export with crop marks.   I have read other threads that instruct to export to .pdf, select MORE, and select INCLUDE BLEED AND PRINTERS MARKS.  However, I do not have that option.  Mine only says INCLUDE BLEED.  If I choose that option, there are no crop marks on the exported file.  Very frustrating.  I am able to print the source file with bleed and crop marks, but the export dialogue does not have the option.   Any help would be wonderful!

This might sound silly, but did you scroll down far enough to see all the options ?

bleed1.jpg.4e3a568fa3ce8883012ee69aebfc23f9.jpgscrolled.jpg.468e6d765d8640ee95b3d7aaa96a2a63.jpg

This is the "More" option in the PDF Export dialog box.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Toltec for the win.  Thank you so much for making me feel like the biggest dummy ever.  When you suggested this, I was annoyed because SURELY I would have noticed a scroll bar.  I have spent literally days on this and enlisted my husband and children to help me figure out where the dang crop mark option was.  I have never felt so dumb in my whole life.  Thank you for that, haha.  Sorry to have stolen time out of both yours and Lee D's days.  I've got a burning desire to take down this thread and destroy all evidence of my stupidity.  But perhaps there's another weirdo out there who will appreciate not having to be called out on their own stupidity, haha.  

I am loving this app more and more every time I use it.  Thanks Lee D and Toltec for your time.

1 hour ago, Kodimac said:

Toltec for the win. 

How do you think I knew what the problem might be ? :$

Unlike Lee D, who is one of those clever, technical, software chappies and immediately thought of clever, technical, software issues, I am dumb enough to have done similar things myself.

I bet you won't do it again ;)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 3 years later...

I just want to boost this post a bit. So - for the SEO: EXPORT SCREEN NOT SHOWING PRINTER MARKS OPTIONS, I CAN'T ADD CROP MARKS AFFINITY PUBLISHER

Ok, now on to my message - this just happened to me! I struggled for days! Well, 1.5 days, anyway. For goodness sake, Affinity/Serif: please fix that UI! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue, so I decided to reach out to this forum and ask for help! I'm transitioning from Adobe Ai, therefore that's why I believe "we" are puzzled about crop marks, the UI on this issue in Affinity Designer is, shall I say, unique. Otherwise this is a very solid program : )

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2021 at 7:21 PM, LondonSquirrel said:

Frankly I would like to see the 'More' button removed completely, and simply show ALL of the PDF export options on one page. It's all very well having the presets, but unless you use those regularly you tend to forget what features they have, so a trip to the 'More' button becomes inevitable. If it's inevitable, it should not be a 'More' option, it should be on the main page.

Good point