You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What am I doing wrong? Or is this a bug on MacOS?

While trying to copy a mask on MacOs (High Sierra), right clicking on the mask thumbnail and selecting copy and/or duplicate, makes a copy of the Layer + mask.  Yet, if I use Cmd J or Cmd C, a copy of just the mask is made.

What am I doing wrong please?  Or is this a known bug? Thanks 

Short clip.mp4

The misbehaviour happens on my Mac if I do ctrl-click instead of right click on the thumbnail.”   Oh, then I’m doing it wrong!!  I’m doing Ctrl click.  How do I just right  click on a mouse pad in my laptop ?  I rarely use right click and thought ctrl click was the way to bring up that right click menu.

Thank you so much.  

EDIT:  I changed my track preferences to double tap to right click and this works.  However, I still believe it is a bug.  Ctrl click is another way of right-clicking on Mac.  It should work with both, double tap or Ctrl click.  

1 hour ago, owenr said:

I already said that and I've said twice that it looks like a bug!!!

I need to stop wasting my time posting in this forum.

You are getting upset and responding without reading my posts.  Sorry if I annoyed you.   

1 minute ago, owenr said:

I posted correct info in response to your posts. That was an amazing piece of luck if I didn't read your posts.

Regarding the one you edited: I didn't see the edit because I was typing my reply to the pre-edit message while you edited.

I know, I didn't say you were not right.  My apologies once again.

FWIW I can confirm (OSX High Sierra, Affinity Photo 1.6.7):

Cmd-c with a nested mask selected copies just the mask

"Right click", a two-finger (secondary) click on trackpad, on a nested mask, and selecting "Copy" from the pop-up menu copies just the mask

Control-click on a nested mask and selecting "Copy" from the pop-up menu copies both the mask and its parent layer.

EDIT: Control-click, again on a trackpad, meaning hold down the ctrl key and single-click on the pad.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.