DannyBCreative

Constant Crashing When Trying to Save... Corrupt File?

I've been putting the iPad version of AP through it's paces, working on the same projects I'd work on on my desktop. Up until yesterday, I've had only a few issue. Now I have a file with several hours invested in, multiple layers, masks, adjustment layers, etc... The file is now unable to save any edits. Specifically, when I make any change to the document regardless of complexity, i.e. just adding a blank layer, the file will not auto-save, allow me to go back to the project gallery, or really do anything. AP will crash instantly the moment I attempt to save or return to the gallery, every time. I thought the file may have been corrupted. Duplicating the file changed nothing. I finally saved the file to iCloud, opened it on my iMac, made a simple edit, saved it back to iCloud and re-imported back to iPad. This seems to have worked for now. I've seen another thread where someone had a similar issue and was able to address it in a similar way.  I'd like to hear from the Admins and/or developers on this type if issue, specifically if they are aware and if this is a known bug that is being addressed.

I have no problem sending crash data if possible, or the project file itself to the dev team. I won't post the project publicly for copyright reasons. 

Thanks for any assistance on the matter.

Without the file it is hard to say, obviously, but in one case recently we managed to find a problem with something done earlier in the file and by clearing the history before saving the file became stable again and could be used normally from then on. You could try that.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Just now, Patrick Connor said:

Without the file it is hard to say, obviously, but in one case recently we managed to find a problem with something done earlier in the file and by clearing the history before saving the file became stable again and could be used normally from then on. You could try that.

Hi Patrick,

I can try this and let ya know. I can send the file to Serif, I just don't want to post it publicly.

Thanks for the reply, I'll update soon.

Sending the file to affinitysupport@serif.com or email a dropbox link (or equivalent) to us, would get it to us and we can delete it when we have finished investigating the problem.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

Sending the file to affinitysupport@serif.com or email a dropbox link (or equivalent) to us, would get it to us and we can delete it when we have finished investigating the problem.

Cool, thanks Patrick. Here's an update to my situation...

I opened the file, cleared the history and reduced the amount of undo's in the preferences to 50. The file now works again with no apparent issues. I definitely believe clearing the history is what fixed it. I'm seeing others having success against crashing by reducing the amount of undo's so I'm hopeful this help as I move forward.

I saved a crash report before doing the above operation, and since the file is now fixed, I'm not sure sending the file will do any good. Would it be benefit you guys to have the crash report?

Thanks again!!

If you don't have a copy of the file before you cleared the history then no probably not worth sending it thank you. If you have an earlier revision then yes please send it.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.