You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

changing text across multiple artboards and managing boards

Hi,

Loving AD. Couple of q's.

1 - Is there any method to change a text phrase across multiple artboards in AD? There are 100+ pages (boards), and I don't relish the idea of doing this manually.

2 - It would be so nice to have artboards listed in the same way layers are listed in the sidebar and showing only the board you're working on the dashboard. Is that possible? So far, I've only been able to add the boards either on top of each other or dragging side-by-side. The dashboard work area gets so crowded it's confusing and I'm constantly needing to zoom. There must be a better way as the way I'm doing it is cumbersome.

Thanks in advance!

graf

4 hours ago, graf said:

showing only the board you're working on the dashboard

If you double click the ArtBoard Layer it will fit it into the view space. The same will happen for objects on the artboards.

4 hours ago, graf said:

1 - Is there any method to change a text phrase across multiple artboards in AD? There are 100+ pages (boards), and I don't relish the idea of doing this manually.

As far as I am aware there is no Replace text option in AD. if it is a sentence or word that is repeated you could convert it to a symbol and edit the symbol, that would reflect changes over as many Artboards as you want.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

3 hours ago, firstdefence said:

If you double click the ArtBoard Layer it will fit it into the view space. The same will happen for objects on the artboards.

As far as I am aware there is no Replace text option in AD. if it is a sentence or word that is repeated you could convert it to a symbol and edit the symbol, that would reflect changes over as many Artboards as you want.

I tried double clicking the artboard but that doesn't work. :( In fact, it does nothing at all when I double click. I have version 1.6.1 Mac.

Thanks for the symbol suggestion. I will try that.

much appreciated.

graf

6 hours ago, graf said:

I tried double clicking the artboard but that doesn't work. :(

Hi Graf, not the artboard itself, the artboard layer

5ae2bbd14d3f4_ScreenShot2018-04-27at06_55_19.png.d2a0246b6f86ae166812c4377b369d11.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions