Jump to content
You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introducing... Affinity Spotlight


KateM

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, KateM said:

I'm over the moon to tell you about the launch of Affinity Spotlight, the new place to go for creative inspiration, learning resources and Affinity news. Whether it’s features on artists and photographers using Affinity, tutorials on how to get the best from the apps, behind-the-scenes insight or news and updates, it will all be posted on Affinity Spotlight.

 

We’ve literally just made the site live and we’d love you to check it out!

 

https://affinityspotlight.com


This has been a real labour of love for our web dev team and our content team, and of course, this is just the start—we’ll be posting new stories and articles each week. We hope you like what we’ve done and enjoy reading our stories.

 

All the best,
Kate

 

Hi Kate, everything is looking really slick and well laid out. Nice addition to the Affinity universe and a great resource for new and current users.

 

@KateM, Question for you. Will the content always be there and just get added to, or will it be replaced by the new stuff? - Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, davemike said:

Instead you produced something we don't need.

My patience has ended, so I will continue to use "Indesign" and gave up waiting for the last third.

They produced something good for us, the way I see it, without taking any resource away from the Dev Team that is working on Publisher.

Best regards!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

without taking any resource away from the Dev Team that is working on Publisher.

It was not our decision to invest in AP and AD for iOS, AS, etc. “instead of” in Publisher after the statement “After completing the full suite on the Mac […] we willlook into other platforms” and altering the start for 2015, …

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Oval said:

It was not our decision to invest in AP and AD for iOS, AS, etc. “instead of” in Publisher after the statement “After completing the full suite on the Mac […] we willlook into other platforms” and altering the start for 2015, …

 

Is this not a MARKETING effort? It is not much different that social media posts. A different project done by different people expecting a different otcome than that of the developers

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff

Thank you all for the feedback so far, we really enjoyed making Affinity Spotlight!

 

It has been answered further up this thread, but just to reiterate, this project was developed by the web/systems and content team and has in no way affected the development timelines for any of our software releases.

 

I will also let the web team know about the RSS feed requests, its definitely something we will talk about!

 

@retrograde Hey Kevin! In answer to your question, content will always be there on Spotlight and we will just keep adding to it. It will not be replaced by new stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, KateM said:

I'm over the moon to tell you about the launch of Affinity Spotlight, the new place to go for creative inspiration, learning resources and Affinity news. Whether it’s features on artists and photographers using Affinity, tutorials on how to get the best from the apps, behind-the-scenes insight or news and updates, it will all be posted on Affinity Spotlight.

 

We’ve literally just made the site live and we’d love you to check it out!

 

https://affinityspotlight.com


This has been a real labour of love for our web dev team and our content team, and of course, this is just the start—we’ll be posting new stories and articles each week. We hope you like what we’ve done and enjoy reading our stories.

 

All the best,
Kate

I like what spotlight is. 

Really love the customizable keyboards shortcuts in other thing than PDF. 

Thanks and please improve it even more. 

You have my support dear. 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Oval said:

It was not our decision to invest in AP and AD for iOS, AS, etc. “instead of” in Publisher after the statement “After completing the full suite on the Mac […] we willlook into other platforms” and altering the start for 2015, …

 

That, on the other hand, is a valid point you make there.

And I know how you, as a customer, feel about it. I ignore why that decision was made (APh on the iPad first), what challenges prevented Publisher from being released earlier, but for this specific topic, I keep the same opinion.

Best regards!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the Affinity Spotlight web page.

 

Interesting reading, especially about the developers.

I hope this way a lot more people can understand that it is not a trivial thing to develop new software and why it takes a little longer sometimes then people want it to take.

 

Lots of good reading stuff and inspiration!

 

Keep it up.

 

Thumbs up from me.

 

@KateM

 

sweet pussycat avatar...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is like in the latest places I've worked at, the web team (lol, was in one) is typically (well,you often have the many hats person, but IMO, tends to be a small percentage) having a very different set of tasks and work load than those making the main native code applications (these are not web applications, yet, I believe). 

And promo is so, so key for absolutely anything that you do, that it is not just optional. How you do it differs from company to company or individual, there are many ways. But it is a total must. Specially in a so competitive market as this is. A large percentage of the matter is that people know that you exist. And believe it or not, a wild lot of people yet don't know, although more and more people everyday are getting aware of Affinity. Wacom does their constant set of interviews to artists, technology previews, etc, etc. And like them, so many companies. So, absolutely logical that this is created (and it is being pretty well done, also).

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.3 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5 (corsair), nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, KateM said:

@retrograde Hey Kevin! In answer to your question, content will always be there on Spotlight and we will just keep adding to it. It will not be replaced by new stuff.

 

Cheers Kate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2018 at 0:17 PM, Alfred said:

It's been very clear for a long time that for most serious users of Adobe InDesign the first version of Affinity Publisher will not serve as an immediate replacement.

 

@Alfred, why will it not be a suitable replacement?

 

What about for those of us who are not necessarily heavy InDesign users? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ulysses said:

 

@Alfred, why will it not be a suitable replacement?

 

What about for those of us who are not necessarily heavy InDesign users? 

 

It might have all the features you use regularly, or then again it might not! When it’s released to public beta you can try it and see if it works for you.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.3.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/04/2018 at 7:55 PM, KateM said:

I will also let the web team know about the RSS feed requests, its definitely something we will talk about!

 

Hi Kate

Another +1 for the RSS feeds!  I have enormous respect for Affinity, but am a little surprised that the decision not to implement RSS feeds was even considered, never mind actually allowed.  It's still a basic core technology that underpins large parts of the web – including these forums!  Pretty please?

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.1.1 release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, GaryLearnTech said:

 

Hi Kate

Another +1 for the RSS feeds!  I have enormous respect for Affinity, but am a little surprised that the decision not to implement RSS feeds was even considered, never mind actually allowed.  It's still a basic core technology that underpins large parts of the web – including these forums!  Pretty please?

+1 on the RSS feed. That is not a big deal to implement

On a different note ... under the Company section of the web page, Publisher is now listed with it's icon as coming in 2018

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alfred said:

 

It might have all the features you use regularly, or then again it might not! When it’s released to public beta you can try it and see if it works for you.

Of course it will. It will not have all the bells and whistles of more mature software but it'll do for the most part.

 

Designer is also getting updates and multiple pages is also on that list so you could do some things in Designer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.