On 5/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, saotome said:

Please consider implementing an RSS feed.

On 6/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, SmilingJ said:

Are there any news about a possible RSS/Atom feed implementation?

On 4/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, GaryLearnTech said:

Another +1 for the RSS feeds! ... Pretty please?

On 4/28/2018 at 6:10 PM, Rick G said:

+1 on the RSS feed. That is not a big deal to implement

On 4/26/2018 at 2:41 PM, LCamachoDesign said:

... please consider doing an RSS feed.

Thanks!

You will all hopefully be pleased to know that from this morning in the footer of any affinity spotlight page is a link to the page with RSS, JSON and Atom feeds for the articles

https://affinityspotlight.com/feeds/

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, Patrick Connor said:

You will all hopefully be pleased to know that from this morning in the footer of any affinity spotlight page is a link to the page with RSS, JSON and Atom feeds for the articles

This is great!

The feed is already indexed by Feedly, so if anyone uses that service it's just a matter of searching for Affinity Spotlight and add it to your feed list.

Assigned it yesterday to my Feedly,so keep them articles coming 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Hi @KateM

i'm really thankful and happy of Affinity Spotlight content.
Well, i have a suggestion and just don't know where to put it so i chose here (don't hesitate to move elsewhere if needed).

Affinity Spotlight is great thing but not everyone here like to read on pages, browsers etc. i myself tends to watch or listen in-between two project phase for 15min max (between drawing and applying a filter for the same project, i take 15min break that i use to educate myself with quick tuto) so, i believe you can make it even better by creating a youtube and facebook channel where people will enjoy watching or listening to contents you have to share.

to me it's a school to read from Spotlight, would be great if you make podcast, video cast and/or even live session with artists, protographer, illustrators etc... using Affinity product line every day to share in live session the tricks, their experiences, advices etc... but also make the quick you are sharing on spotlight on video as daily or weekly digest feed ... you have that great Affinity speaker/teacher who demonstrated Affinity Publisher in related video tuto; he can do that (i enjoy earring his accent and voice, very original)

well, make it happen in video format so we can be more satisfied (if possible).
Well i hope you won't react on this fast because it's week-end and you have to rest and enjoy you life, just needed to put it here before i forget about this.

Blessing to Y'All at Affinity Spotlight.

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Hello everyone, Hello @KateM

Two things i've noticed that i want to raise here.

1- Affinity Spotlight website is stuck on Beta 162 of Affinity designer, so updates aren't fresh enough (see attache capture)
2- Affinity Spotlight doesn't have it sub forum topic at all, i do believe some folks here would like to give their inputs to help that place grow!

Hope you are still reading from here and will make things much okay for everyone over the web.

Blessings !

Screenshot_20181127_174804.png

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

On 8/2/2018 at 10:35 AM, Patrick Connor said:

it's working a charm on my side.
now waiting to see it's reaction on new rss content

4 hours ago, wahidovic123 said:

Hello everyone
I personally would like to  simply need to propose that since this is the start of curated content on Affinity Spotlight and the substance gave here is probably going to grow,would it not be decent if an extra element is included the future where in we can download Article(s) by categories,Month,year

Use this rss reader to archive and select news resources https://feedly.com/i/welcome

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Please Please Please!!! Can Affinity come up with an Organizer to replace Lightroom. I just went to check my location tags in Lightroom 6 maps and the map is gone and they say you have to update to the latest version to get a functioning map. I'm getting sick and tired of Adobe and their licensing fees and not supporting their legacy apps. So Please Help Help Help!!!

9 hours ago, BluestarCK said:

Please Please Please!!! Can Affinity come up with an Organizer to replace Lightroom. I just went to check my location tags in Lightroom 6 maps and the map is gone and they say you have to update to the latest version to get a functioning map. I'm getting sick and tired of Adobe and their licensing fees and not supporting their legacy apps. So Please Help Help Help!!!

Oh +1 and Amen/ I would drop ACSEE in a heartbeat if they would do that and LISTEN a bit before they implement it. The main thing I like in ACDSEE is the shortcuts where I can define folders and shortcuts of places I want to go

2019-01-04_10-41-45.jpg

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 & beta 1.7.2.464  Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 beta  1.7.2.464 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.422 beta  1.7.2.458

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

36 minutes ago, pmabdullah87 said:

@Patrick Connor @KateM Can I suggest to add a search feature in the spotlight. I read an article there but when I try to find it again, it's a bit hard. 

Welcome to the Affinity forum!

I agree that would be useful. While we're waiting for that, Google can help, using a search that has site:affinityspotlight.com as one of the keywords, along with other likely keywords from the article, title, or author's name. E.g., search for

site:affinityspotlight.com raw

Also, some articles have tags, and you can get a list of articles with a particular tag by using a properly constructed URL, e.g.

https://affinityspotlight.com/articles/tag/raw

It would be nice if it were also easier to search on tags, or see a list of all the tags to select from (though, not all articles are tagged).

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Affinity forum!

I agree that would be useful. While we're waiting for that, Google can help, using a search that has site:affinityspotlight.com as one of the keywords, along with other likely keywords from the article, title, or author's name. E.g., search for

site:affinityspotlight.com raw

Also, some articles have tags, and you can get a list of articles with a particular tag by using a properly constructed URL, e.g.

https://affinityspotlight.com/articles/tag/raw

It would be nice if it were also easier to search on tags, or see a list of all the tags to select from (though, not all articles are tagged).

Thanks @walt.farrell. I'm aware of the Google search but it would be nice to have the native functionality. A feedback if I may say :)

A very nice RSS client for Mac is Vienna

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019