You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introducing... Affinity Spotlight

KateM

@KateM for more colors into this marvelous growing ecosystem, I would suggest the web team also consider to build an affinity app for both Mac and Windows (desktop/phone/tablets) 

See, browsing the web using web browsers is fine but when they fail or get slow we also fail with also,  design softwares eats a lot of memory and web browsers also but apps can do less than that. 

I believe a dedicated app is a great thing aswe are more in a mobile generation/world. 

From that one place we should :

Access the forum

Received news alerts

Browse spotlight and even more. 

Don't know one have the same proposition or if it pleases to gents here but me I think "everything from the same place" is a good thing. 

It will help close my webbrowser saving more memory and just read the feeds as they are released in the network (only content I follow and subscribe to, not everything) 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

5 hours ago, seanb said:

you all should have spent your time working on designer than wasting time on that. designer is still not up to mark you all are killing designer with all that wasting. 

@seanb

Those people who worked on Affinity Spotlight are not the same as those who work as programmers for AD. No programming time was wasted. Please do not mix things up.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

5 hours ago, seanb said:

i c still designer is still lacking for every day work flow for some

If you are answering in response to my post, I do not oppose to your statement that things are missing in AD. This is up to everyone's own workflow and needs.

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

11 hours ago, seanb said:

i c still designer is still lacking for every day work flow for some

6 hours ago, dominik said:

If you are answering in response to my post, I do not oppose to your statement that things are missing in AD. This is up to everyone's own workflow and needs.

Cheers,

d.

I just had an idea! Why don't the posts about the failings of designer GO INTO THE DESIGNER FORUM (or Designer beta as appropriate)? Search first to see if anyone has already pointed out the issue and add to it. If not then create an issue that others can verify and support

Dominik was just letting you know that it was different people working on Spotlight, marketing people

So get your issues into the correct forums so they can be addressed

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

On 26/04/2018 at 7:00 AM, KateM said:

I'm over the moon to tell you about the launch of Affinity Spotlight, the new place to go for creative inspiration, learning resources and Affinity news. Whether it’s features on artists and photographers using Affinity, tutorials on how to get the best from the apps, behind-the-scenes insight or news and updates, it will all be posted on Affinity Spotlight.

We’ve literally just made the site live and we’d love you to check it out!

https://affinityspotlight.com

This has been a real labour of love for our web dev team and our content team, and of course, this is just the start—we’ll be posting new stories and articles each week. We hope you like what we’ve done and enjoy reading our stories.

All the best,
Kate

Congratulations, this is really cool!

Loving the interviews and peeks at internal processes. Well done, Affinity!

Thanks for this really useful resource....been actively using the Learning resources already.....Should evolve into something unique...keep it up:)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

This is an excellent Resource covering affinity products and beyond. I just want to suggest that since this is the beginning of curated content on Affinity Spotlight and the content provided here is likely to grow,would it not be nice if an additional feature is added in the future where in we can download Article(s) by categories,Month,year wise etc. in to a single consolidated pdf file for offline reading?. Keep up the good work.

On 26/04/2018 at 8:00 PM, KateM said:

I'm over the moon to tell you about the launch of Affinity Spotlight, the new place to go for creative inspiration, learning resources and Affinity news. Whether it’s features on artists and photographers using Affinity, tutorials on how to get the best from the apps, behind-the-scenes insight or news and updates, it will all be posted on Affinity Spotlight.

We’ve literally just made the site live and we’d love you to check it out!

https://affinityspotlight.com

This has been a real labour of love for our web dev team and our content team, and of course, this is just the start—we’ll be posting new stories and articles each week. We hope you like what we’ve done and enjoy reading our stories.

All the best,
Kate

Kate, I cannot access any of the articles in Spotlight, when I click an article, the "about" or "contact" buttons I get the following message from Safari. Any ideas why?

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 10.29.30 am.png

• Staff

Hey @MLY75415 ,

Can you confirm what version of Safari you are using and if you are on macOS, iOS or Windows? I believe you can only get/use an old version of Safari for Windows so it might be that which is causing the issue...

Are you using a firewall—if so, which? Have you checked the exceptions?

Are you using any plug-ins for Safari? If so, could you list them, please?

Finally, have you tried any other browsers to see if they can get access? It might help us narrow down if it is simply a browser issue or something deeper. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 4:56 PM, saotome said:

Please consider implementing an RSS feed.

Are there any news about a possible RSS/Atom feed implementation? I think for the beginning a simple feed listing any new article including it's title (not the content) would be enough.

• Staff
1 hour ago, retrograde said:

Hey guys and gals, checkout my short tutorial "The Eyes of a Butterfly" just uploaded to the blog! 

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/the-eyes-of-a-butterfly-with-kevin-house/

I spent quite a bit of time following your article from start to finish (a few times) and I really enjoyed it :) 

9 hours ago, Chris B said:

I spent quite a bit of time following your article from start to finish (a few times) and I really enjoyed it :) 

Awesome Chris B! I hope everything was understandable...

On 6/13/2018 at 7:50 AM, retrograde said:

Hey guys and gals, checkout my short tutorial "The Eyes of a Butterfly" just uploaded to the blog! 

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/the-eyes-of-a-butterfly-with-kevin-house/

Thank you @retrograde for the tutorial. It's great!

And I like Spotlight – it's a good idea and I'm looking for more content there. 

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu

18 minutes ago, Przemysław said:

Thank you @retrograde for the tutorial. It's great!

And I like Spotlight – it's a good idea and I'm looking for more content there. 

Thanks! Yes I think Spotlight is a great place to see a broad range of what people are getting up to with Affinity's apps. :-)

Is there any chance to get some kind of website similar to Bēhance where we could post our creations made in Serif's software?  It would be good advertisement for Affinity products, if people could keep their portfolios there. It could be made as a section on Affinity Spotlight page. Just an idea.

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu

From the home page of the forums, there is a learn and share section and a forum where you can share your work

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/10-share-your-work/

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png