You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introducing... Affinity Spotlight

KateM

• Staff
On 5/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, saotome said:

Please consider implementing an RSS feed.

On 6/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, SmilingJ said:

Are there any news about a possible RSS/Atom feed implementation?

On 4/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, GaryLearnTech said:

Another +1 for the RSS feeds! ... Pretty please?

On 4/28/2018 at 6:10 PM, Rick G said:

+1 on the RSS feed. That is not a big deal to implement

On 4/26/2018 at 2:41 PM, LCamachoDesign said:

... please consider doing an RSS feed.

Thanks!

You will all hopefully be pleased to know that from this morning in the footer of any affinity spotlight page is a link to the page with RSS, JSON and Atom feeds for the articles

https://affinityspotlight.com/feeds/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, Patrick Connor said:

You will all hopefully be pleased to know that from this morning in the footer of any affinity spotlight page is a link to the page with RSS, JSON and Atom feeds for the articles

This is great!

The feed is already indexed by Feedly, so if anyone uses that service it's just a matter of searching for Affinity Spotlight and add it to your feed list.

• 1 month later...

Hi @KateM

i'm really thankful and happy of Affinity Spotlight content.
Well, i have a suggestion and just don't know where to put it so i chose here (don't hesitate to move elsewhere if needed).

Affinity Spotlight is great thing but not everyone here like to read on pages, browsers etc. i myself tends to watch or listen in-between two project phase for 15min max (between drawing and applying a filter for the same project, i take 15min break that i use to educate myself with quick tuto) so, i believe you can make it even better by creating a youtube and facebook channel where people will enjoy watching or listening to contents you have to share.

to me it's a school to read from Spotlight, would be great if you make podcast, video cast and/or even live session with artists, protographer, illustrators etc... using Affinity product line every day to share in live session the tricks, their experiences, advices etc... but also make the quick you are sharing on spotlight on video as daily or weekly digest feed ... you have that great Affinity speaker/teacher who demonstrated Affinity Publisher in related video tuto; he can do that (i enjoy earring his accent and voice, very original)

well, make it happen in video format so we can be more satisfied (if possible).
Well i hope you won't react on this fast because it's week-end and you have to rest and enjoy you life, just needed to put it here before i forget about this.

Blessing to Y'All at Affinity Spotlight.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, Hello @KateM

Two things i've noticed that i want to raise here.

1- Affinity Spotlight website is stuck on Beta 162 of Affinity designer, so updates aren't fresh enough (see attache capture)
2- Affinity Spotlight doesn't have it sub forum topic at all, i do believe some folks here would like to give their inputs to help that place grow!

Hope you are still reading from here and will make things much okay for everyone over the web.

Blessings !

Screenshot_20181127_174804.png

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

On 8/2/2018 at 10:35 AM, Patrick Connor said:

it's working a charm on my side.
now waiting to see it's reaction on new rss content

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please Please Please!!! Can Affinity come up with an Organizer to replace Lightroom. I just went to check my location tags in Lightroom 6 maps and the map is gone and they say you have to update to the latest version to get a functioning map. I'm getting sick and tired of Adobe and their licensing fees and not supporting their legacy apps. So Please Help Help Help!!!

9 hours ago, BluestarCK said:

Please Please Please!!! Can Affinity come up with an Organizer to replace Lightroom. I just went to check my location tags in Lightroom 6 maps and the map is gone and they say you have to update to the latest version to get a functioning map. I'm getting sick and tired of Adobe and their licensing fees and not supporting their legacy apps. So Please Help Help Help!!!

Oh +1 and Amen/ I would drop ACSEE in a heartbeat if they would do that and LISTEN a bit before they implement it. The main thing I like in ACDSEE is the shortcuts where I can define folders and shortcuts of places I want to go

2019-01-04_10-41-45.jpg

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff

@Rick G & @BluestarCK

Suggestions forum guys....  Not relevant to this thread.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, pmabdullah87 said:

@Patrick Connor @KateM Can I suggest to add a search feature in the spotlight. I read an article there but when I try to find it again, it's a bit hard. 

Welcome to the Affinity forum!

I agree that would be useful. While we're waiting for that, Google can help, using a search that has site:affinityspotlight.com as one of the keywords, along with other likely keywords from the article, title, or author's name. E.g., search for

site:affinityspotlight.com raw

Also, some articles have tags, and you can get a list of articles with a particular tag by using a properly constructed URL, e.g.

https://affinityspotlight.com/articles/tag/raw

It would be nice if it were also easier to search on tags, or see a list of all the tags to select from (though, not all articles are tagged).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Affinity forum!

I agree that would be useful. While we're waiting for that, Google can help, using a search that has site:affinityspotlight.com as one of the keywords, along with other likely keywords from the article, title, or author's name. E.g., search for

site:affinityspotlight.com raw

Also, some articles have tags, and you can get a list of articles with a particular tag by using a properly constructed URL, e.g.

https://affinityspotlight.com/articles/tag/raw

It would be nice if it were also easier to search on tags, or see a list of all the tags to select from (though, not all articles are tagged).

Thanks @walt.farrell. I'm aware of the Google search but it would be nice to have the native functionality. A feedback if I may say :)

• 2 weeks later...

A very nice RSS client for Mac is Vienna

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 11 months later...
28 minutes ago, PatrickM said:

I don't know where to post this request (which is far to be essential but would be helpful) : somewhere (better at the top) on the Spotlight homepage, it would be nice to have a link to Affinity/Serif homepage (and Help).

P.

Not sure what sort of browser you are using but...

863053678_ScreenShot2020-01-08at7_17_56AM.thumb.png.d4a9601ed23ad27580a437cd17a7f08b.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Way too earlier for me to be on the internet...

Sorry about that.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 month later...

May I suggest an article addressing Affinity Photo and Apple Photos work process, a video would be great and most appreciated.  There are so many post, problem post and clearly frustration by users.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It would be great if you could go to "Spotlight" directly through the acquisition in the Affinity programs under the "Help" tab.
This is a small change, with a great reach :)

And if you made a link to the "Start panel" it would also be great :)
I'm sorry to use the translator :)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well, 4 years have past and still no site's own search feature for the article and contents postings there on the Spotlight Website. 🤔

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2