You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

why does Affinity Designer tell me to update with no update available

• Staff

Hi tonyt3rry :)

With the apps open, could you please go to Help > About and tell me both version numbers of your software? They should begin 1.6...

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks for that, could I just double check that it is within the app that you are receiving update notifications, or is this within the Microsoft Store?
If possible, could you provide me with a screenshot of the update message so that I can look into this for you?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

I have the same problem in the Mac App Store, where Designer is not displayed with an update in the "Updates" section, but is in the "Explore your creativity" section on the first page. I try to update (my App Store version is 1.6.1) but nothing happens.5ae322c8c7775_ScreenShot2018-04-27at14_15_20.png.9f6d3fb1fa577647f904898aa29e9635.png5ae322c8c7775_ScreenShot2018-04-27at14_15_20.png.9f6d3fb1fa577647f904898aa29e9635.png

• Staff

Hi Bazza52,

Welcome to the forums!

This is unfortunately an issue with the Mac App Store and not our software update. I'd recommend signing out of the App Store and signing back in, then trying the update again.
If this does not help, you can either try following some troubleshooting fixes found here, or simply uninstall the app and then re-install, which will install the latest version. I hope this helps :)

I am getting the notification in app its self. also today Ive just opened a designer file I was working on and now the app is telling me that the file is from a newer version. the app now shows I have not uninstalled the app or anything I have no idea what is going on but its only been the past few weeks its been doing this for me 
fc156e592070eebb75c8870e95433a31.png

• Staff

Hi tonyt3rry,

Sorry to hear this. The image you have provided with your version number, is this your result from Help > About?
If so, I would recommend checking in the Microsoft store to find the update, the troubleshooter for any Microsoft store install can be found here. Failing this, you can uninstall the app and download a clean version from the App store, however you many lose any saved settings etc.