Gary9450

crashes when creating new document

Today I installed an updated graphics driver for my desktop PC running Windows 64-bit. Both Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer were open when the computer had to restart. After the reboot, both Photo and Designer crash every time I try to start a new document OR try to open a saved file. I get an error message (I've enclosed in an attachment). So I uninstalled both programs and downloaded Photo, but it still crashes with the same error (I have not bothered to download Designer). I then rolled back the graphics driver to the version that was working before with Photo & Designer, but the apps still crashed. Don't know what else to try.

2018-04-24_21h34_58.jpg.a804e45b2aa9be60d91edf3fd608892f.jpg

Hello Gary,

try running this uninstall-tool from Microsoft, maybe it helps.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703:   Affinity Photo-Beta 1.9.0.864:    Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.9.0.864:

Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703:  Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.9.0.863:    

Windows 10 Pro  (Version  20H2 Build 19042.630)

Gnobelix, thank you for your help. However, time was critical for me and I needed the Affinity apps ASAP, so I ended up reinstalling Windows 10 in order to hopefully fix the problem. It did work, but now I have no idea what caused it in the first place. Thanks for the uninstall link, though, because I never knew about it before and I think it'll come in handy someday.