kemie

AD: Object preview in wrong place

This is a bit of a difficult issue to describe, so I'll try with a picture:

When I open up a file, it looks more or less as it should (labels for artboards are off). When I try to select objects, though, I find the the actual object outlines seem to be  elsewhere.  I cannot edit the objects where they appear. This happens randomly, not always, and I have a feeling that it's related to me using an external monitor. Closing and reopening the file usually solves it

I'm working on macOS high sierra 10.13.4, 

Edit: Zooming in and out of the file using keyboard shortcuts seems to be causing the problem. It's as though  the preview zooms but not the outlines

Affinity Designer - landing (50.0%) 2018-04-24 11-24-26.png

Edited by kemie
more info

Hi kemie,

Sorry the delay getting back to you. We are already aware of similar issues from other reports - it's probably related with the change of resolution/ppi between the two monitors not being detected or similar but as far as i know there still no fix for this (besides the workaround you discovered). I will check/update out logs with a link to this thread for reference. What type of connection are you using? HDMI?