You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy - Paste Inside a selection

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for the similar function of Photoshop : Paste Inside in Affinity Photo.

I have an image A

On an image B, I have an active selection, and I would like the content of the image A to be placed only inside the selection.

I try with menu Organize and Inside/behind but don't succeed tot do that.

If someone can help me or have a link to a tutorial on this subject,

Thanks a lot

Emmanuelle

22 minutes ago, manuef515 said:

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for the similar function of Photoshop : Paste Inside in Affinity Photo.

I have an image A

On an image B, I have an active selection, and I would like the content of the image A to be placed only inside the selection.

I try with menu Organize and Inside/behind but don't succeed tot do that.

If someone can help me or have a link to a tutorial on this subject,

Thanks a lot

Emmanuelle

You can do it if you turn the active selection into a layer.

Make the selection, go Layer > Duplicate which will make a layer of just the active selection area. Copy the image you want to paste inside and go Edit > Paste inside.

If you deselect the selection first (important), you can resize and move the pasted image inside the selection area. Deselect then double click on it again to get the blue selection box.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Maria1960 said:

You are all missing the vital piece:

I'm afraid that you are missing a vital point – the question was about Affinity Photo, which does not have picture frames, they are only available in Affinity Publisher! As previous replies have indicated, the way to achieve what was originally requested is to either use Edit - Paste Inside, or to clip the image to a shape using the layers panel.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad