You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I need to submit a photo to a website and was told to submit it at 300 ppi (not dpi). First of all, I am not sure what does 300 ppi mean in terms of actual picture dimensions. And as far as I can tell, currently there is no ppi option in AP. Is there a way that I can ensure that a photo is at least 300 ppi on AP using the options currently available such as resizing the document or exporting?

Thanks for any suggestions or help on this matter?

I would think website wants images just "biggish" as 300 dpi/ppi is not very meaningful request. If they want exact dimensions it would be like "450X600 pixels". 300 dpi is often referred as press quality so I would send original size image as JPEG and let them scale as needed. Of course you can ask clarification too.

Ok, thank you for all your responses. I am still not totally clear on the following: When I open a New Document in AP it is set at 72 DPI by default. Should I change that to 300 DPI instead? What difference is that going to make in the dimensions or quality of the final image which I am uploading to a vendors' website in order to be printed onto a variety of objects. My goal is to send the best possible quality image. Given the original raw image size I have to work with, what is the best way to ensure that I am sending the highest quality jpg file to the vendor? 

38 minutes ago, alecspra said:

When I open a New Document in AP it is set at 72 DPI by default.

The default DPI setting in the New Document dialog changes depending on the "Type:" popup choice you select, & for the "Devices" type which device you select from the "Page Preset:" popup choice. So for example, all the "Print" & "Print (Press-Ready)" types set DPI to 300.

The "Web" type sets DPI to 72 but it doesn't matter because graphics displayed on the web ignore DPI. For more about that, the Understanding DPI video tutorial may be helpful.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7