You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've used before Image Styles in iPad.  (iPad Pro).   I'm now attempting to use a style but it's un responsible.  Maybe I forgot how to use it.  

I open image, go to FX, Styles and pick the Rainbow default style which is very obvious.  Nothing happened, whether I tap on the icon or the name of the style.  Holding down the icon opens up a fly out window to remove or rename.  I tried with background layer and just in case with a pixel layer on top.  Even tried with a different image.

I closed the app, reset my iPad, and still no results.  Is there anything I'm missing on how to apply a style to an image using iPad Affinity?  (Same image imported from Photos no issues in applying an image style with desktop version.)

Thanks

It needs to be an image layer, not a pixel layer. If it’s showing in the Layers studio as ‘Pixel’, export it (without background) to PNG format and then use the Place command to import it: the imported copy will show as an ‘Image’ layer, and you should have no problem applying the Rainbow style to it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks.  Dragging an image from Apple Photos to Affinity Desktop creates an image layer.

Isn't there any simpler method of converting a pixel layer to image layer, or otherwise applying Styles,  than converting a jpeg to png and then importing using Place in Affinity iPad?  

23 minutes ago, Silvia said:

converting a jpeg to png

What JPEG are you converting, Silvia? I think I may be failing to understand your workflow here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly.

You said " If it’s showing in the Layers studio as ‘Pixel’, export it (without background) to PNG format and then use the Place command to import it: the imported copy will show as an ‘Image’ layer,"

I was trying to apply Styles to an image I imported from Photos.  Any image I try is a Pixel Layer (whether I duplicate, rasterize layer, etc., always is a pixel layer.)

You mentioned that Styles don't work in pixel layers, to export it to PNG and then place it back.  That works, just like you said, but sounds like a cumbersome workaround.  Isn't there any other way to covert a pixel layer to an image layer to apply styles?

I have several Styles but mentioned the rainbow because it's such an obvious one that would show immediately if it is applied.  By the way, one of the first three default styles (sunset, rainbow or metal) do anything in a pixel layer or any of my imported styles. Yet, Onyx, Glass and Salmon seem to work.

Reason I'm asking again for another way of converting to an image layer if necessary it's because the Image Style macros work great, so I figured in those macros there must be a step to do the conversion pixels to image layer, then record my own macros with some styles I downloaded which are great.