You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to change mm into points?

Hi, tkaa85,

The unit is based on the document, and can be changed at any time. With nothing selected, there will be an option in the context bar at the top called "Document Setup...." You can change units back and forth as you like, and all the shapes will be re-enumerated.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

11 minutes ago, gdenby said:

With nothing selected, there will be an option in the context bar at the top called "Document Setup...."

The 'Document Setup...' option on the Context toolbar only seems to be available in Affinity Designer. In Affinity Photo there is a 'Units' dropdown list on the Context toolbar when the View Tool [H] is active; alternatively, you can go to the Document menu and choose either 'Resize Document...' or 'Resize Canvas...' to display a dialog which includes a 'Units' dropdown.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

51 minutes ago, Bad_Wolf said:

The same is true for Designer. Just press "H" and you see in the context toolbar the same option to choose any measurement.

Yes, Chris, that’s the same as in Photo because in both cases you’re activating the View Tool. The point I was making is that the Context toolbar option is only available in Photo when the View Tool is active, whereas in Designer the Context toolbar option is also available (as @gdenby explained) when no tool is active nothing is selected.

Edited by Alfred

Alfred spacer.png

14 minutes ago, owenr said:

How do you get no tool to be active? As far as I've noticed (on Mac), some tool is always active.

Sorry, I misspoke! I meant when nothing is selected (as Greg said). duh.gif

Alfred spacer.png