You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo workbook for iOS?

New user here and I have been going through the video tutorials. These are great, but I’m finding myself with a lot questions - For example, retouching has multiple techniques and settings that can’t fully be explored in a 10 min video. Anyone try using the workbook for the iPad? How helpful have you found it for the tablet version of Affinity Photo? Naturally some of the buttons and functionality will work differently, but I’m hoping it will go into the depth of content needed to fully understand this software. 

Thanks,

Trxr

I have been using Affinity Photo on Windows since it came out. Tutorials are very useful, and so is the Workbook. But the only way to learn and to become proficient is to use it, there is no magic receipe. I started to use Photo on the iPad a few days ago and I love it. I'm getting "not too bad" with it. But, here again, I'll get better after using it a little more. Personally, I found the Affinity "iPad Tutorials" very useful to understand iOS version, more than the workbook. 

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Also check out the infinity revolution utube videos. Lots of 'techniques' available via google too. Another underused resource is the built in Help file, just a shame you can't access while editing. Most if not all of the techniques shown for the desktop version can be applied in the iPad version, however you will often find the methods used to achieve the result will be a little (or in some cases a lot) different. I don't have the workbook but I feel it would be useful as it demonstrates techniques that can then be emulated in some way on the iPad.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

11 hours ago, DM1 said:

Also check out the infinity revolution utube videos.

Er ... that’ll be Affinity Revolution! ;)

Affinity: goes together well

Infinity: goes on forever

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I agree with DM1, the built in IPad AP Help files are very helpful and it is ashamed that they cannot be accessed at the same time an image is being edited. Flipping back and forth between the Help files and the image being edited severely limits the usefulness of the Help files. It looks like an iPad AP workbook is not forthcoming. In lieu of that I would like to suggest that the AP team consider making the AP iPad Help files available in an offline mode, such as a PDF file. I realize that certain dynamic features in the Help files would be lost in a PDF file but 99% of the content being available offline would allow a user to walk through the Help either in a split screen on the iPad or on a companion computer nearby while editing an image. Has the AP team considered an offline version of the Help files?