You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo won't print to 4"x6" paper on Canon iP7250

I have been trying to print to 4"x6" paper from the upper tray of my Canon iP7250 printer, but every time I close the printer preferences and reopen them, I find that they have reverted to A4 from the lower tray.

I have tried enabling "shrink to printable", but that makes no difference. The printer still insists on printing from the lower tray. However I have been able to print successfully to 4"x6" paper from the Windows photo viewing app. I should add that I am using the Windows version of Photo.

One thing I have noticed is that when I select 4"x6" in the Canon printer preferences, the print size in the Affinity Photo print dialogue changes to "custom", not 4"x6".

How can I make Affinity Photo print onto 4"x6" paper?

I have two Canon Printers and I don't have any problem printing on any kind of paper at any size on any printer.

When you select "Print", at the right of the selected printer, you click on "Properties". You then acces all of your printer properties, including paper selection, size, borderless or not, etc....

Once this is done, you click "OK" at the bottom and you're back in Affinity Print. Just select "Fit to Printable" in Fit Type, or select the Scale.

You then should be good to print on the paper and at the size you want.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I have just shut down and restarted Photo and this time I have got the paper size preference to stick. I notice that the paper size in the Affinity Photo print dialogue is now "defined by driver", whereas before I was trying to specify the paper size. Perhaps this is where I was going wrong.

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem. I used define by driver and same thing. Always has a border. Very frustrating. Also sharpness seems to shift. Photoshop works just fine, no problem at all. If this can't be fixed I will have to jump ship. I have been battling this all week not to mention paper and ink wasted.