You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

magnetic lasso automatic selection change

I am new to Affinity Photo and have a problem with the magnetic lasso. The tool finds the outlines quite well and selects the cutting points automatically. Sometimes the points are not correct and the hint to hold left button and draw wrong points to the correct line doesn't work for me, as the tool sets new points then and the whole thing gets messed up. 

1. How can I correct these wrong points?

2. How can I stop the Tool to set points automatically? 

3. Is it possible to delete the last point only?

Thank you in advance!

Markus 

See this video

at about 47 seconds he starts explaining the magnetic lasso

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, lettergothic said:

Hi Carl123,

What video? There's no link in your "see this video" response.

thanks,

lettergothic

What browser are you using? Are you on mobile? Videos usually embed but maybe it doesn't work well everywhere :P

Here is the link

sig2.png.950594012af1a9c5582236e0a457cd0a.pngsig1.png.975f263a1c12b5aec3f87a4541eb33ef.png

Illustrator, Designer, 3D Modeller (In that order) - Open for commissions - Check out my art Instagram or follow me on twitter or like my Facebook page. Phew! 

Nice topic !
I also found the magnetic selection tool to not work as expected and it seems the tool decides what is good to be selected even if i force it to select what i wanted.
Well i skipped the report and switched to polygonal selection tool that does a better work and you can refine the sharp corner by using the smooth selection in the Selection menu and just increase percentage/pixels and you will get something much better.

But Magnetic should become more intelligent and ore usable, far more then what we actually have.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3