MacGB

"Edit in Affinity Photo" using extensions in Photo's not working

Very pleased with Affinity Photo. I guess, learning to work with it, I stumbled into a minor problem or bug. I am using Apple Photo's vs 3 as my DAM an High Sierra 10.13.4.

When I try to use the extension showing up as "Edit in Affinity Photo" It returns a thumbnail of the picture and the message "Affinity Photo could not be launched.Please press cancel"(see screenshot). All other Affinity extensions work fine. The strange thing is that when I use the Apple Photo's function "Edit with" (by richt-clicking a picture and then choose Affinity Photo) it launches Affinity Photo as it should. 

Is this a bug or did I miss a setting.

Thanks

Ben

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-19 om 20.09.23.jpg

Hi MacGB

this is a known issue. High Sierra promotes the edit with option on the right click more than the extensions, which is two different processes, so it is best to use that option for the moment

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks Chris for the quick respons and info.

Perhaps as an inspiration for your development team: Graphic converter 10 has a similar option that still works that way, as does the "External editor for Photos" extension  (App.store).

Please consider this as a positive comment ;). Your software is great and I much appreciate it.

Ben

Thanks for the suggestion.

I installed the Affinity photo app. at the root level in the Application folder from start, so I guess that cannot be the cause of the problem. 

Some extra info that might help you (I'm not a techie expert).

1. I work in two environments- a day to day user environment and a system-control environment. I didn't fire-up Affinity Photo in the system-control environment ( so entering licence key), I only use that for installing programs and system maintenance. I fired up Affinty in my user environment and entered the license key there

2. I installed the NIK-plug-in collection (as demonstrated in one of your video-tutorials). The plug-in's reside in my day-to day user environment. (They do work though with Affinity Photo, so that seems ok).

3. As I mentioned earlier the other Affinity extensions do work fine and using the "edit with" from the Photos app works o.k. as well so using tha I can fire up Affinity Photo and edited photo's are correctly written back.

Hi,
Same difficulty around here.
It happened after the upgrade to Catalina MacOs.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled AffinityPphoto and it didn't work