HI all

I have a problem and i can't solve it:
Wenn I open a RAW image straight from my NIKON D7100, the image is very very darker than the original and its really not the same.

So, when i make some adjustments, i don't know how the image will look like at the end; so I really can't work on my photos.
Only on the navigator I can see what i am doing, but not on the main image.

When I open the image on my computer with any other program, It shows perfectly.

- i'm sure that's not my camera, because i have tried many raw files from different cameras, and I still have the same problem with all of them
- i'm using a gaming-computer, so it can not be the problem

I tried to:
- reinstall Affinity
- disable Develop assistant
- change color profile

Nothing seems to solve my problem.

I really arrived at the conclusion, that it has to be a bug, Am I right?
When not, can you maybe help me solve my problem?

Attached you can find a printscreen of the problem.

Thank you very much!
Bye

Problem Affinity.pdf

Hi church.chill

I've tried a couple of images from that camera and they are developing fine here. In the develop assistant is it set to apply a tone curve or is this option set to take no action?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi church.chill,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I've tried this RAW in Affinity Photo on Windows and Mac and like Chris i'm not also able to reproduce the issue.

CaptureRAW7100.thumb.jpg.981d8c16fb1746b7c8998e306a9441c5.jpg

I'm not sure why this is not working for you. Do you mind posting your system specs below even if just for reference? Are you using an nVidia graphic card/software? There was a few reports of conflicts/issues with nVidia settings/control panel and Affinity but i may be off here.

Hi MEB, thank you and sorry for the late answer.

Here my specs:

Processor: Inter Core i7 2.4 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
System: 64 bit
Windows 10
GPU: GeForce GTX 770M (latest Driver version installed: 397.31, 25.04.2018)

I really don't know what to do...i hope you can help me :)

Same with me. Laptop: Win 10 aktuell, Intel HD Graphics 520,  8GB Ram. First foto shown in FastStone Image Viewer as a RAW (ORF) - is okay. Right out of the Camera. Second foto, same one,  was opened in Develop. Settings in the Assistant are off. (No matter - the pictures stay always dark. No matter i use the "Assistenten-Einstellungen" or not.) Also no "presets"  or so.

Peter

K1600_Unbenannt_2.thumb.JPG.992e7fc98ff565d949df00c4b1e6d4ab.JPGK1600_Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.b0d158a354febdd3977d9a181e665453.JPG

Hi church.chill, Peter2017,
This is an issue that already logged to be looked at. There's really no solution at this point for users running Windows. On Mac, changing the RAW engine to Apple (Core Image RAW) should fix the issue. I've bumped out report and added a link to this thread for reference but i know the developers are well aware of this issue/situation.