You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Pro 10.5 & Affinity Photo

DannyBCreative

I've been using Affinity Photo and Designer since nearly their respective launch dates, and I continue to hold hight hopes for this company and it's products. I recently decided to begin a transition to an entirely mobile workflow, utilizing an iPad Pro 10.5, Affinity Photo, and any additional apps needed to do the work I wish to do. I'm almost a week into my new mobile journey, and I'm not only blown away by this setup, I have little desire to work on anything else. Can't wait to see how AF for iPad improves! If the app devs are reading this... ADD MASK REFINEMENT IN PHOTOS PERSONA, PLEASE!

Anyway, here's a 6-image composite of my niece on her Jurassic Easter Egg Hunt.

EasterEggHunt.thumb.jpg.62e84a90841174f23e3e5bff72488aa1.jpg

Ha! I like it.

I hope it's the chocolate the Raptor's after. :D

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

20 minutes ago, Bigby said:

Nice work. ;)

It's really awesome that such a powerful app can be used mobile, anywhere, anytime.

20 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

Ha! I like it.

I hope it's the chocolate the Raptor's after. :D

Thank you both!

Bigby, you are absolutely right. It is amazing, and being mobile is very liberating and inspiring.

AffinityJules, take a closer look at the "eggs" in the basket. I don't think chocolate is an option, :D

14 hours ago, SoCalBagpiper said:

I recently decided to begin a transition to an entirely mobile workflow, utilizing an iPad Pro 10.5, Affinity Photo, and any additional apps needed to do the work I wish to do.

It is truly amazing what can now be achieved on an iPad. Unfortunately if your daughter see this, she may never venture down the backyard again!!

Regarding workflow, I find Documents by Readdle (free), very useful. It works well with AP, Camera roll and iOS, has a great file structure system, shares files with other apps and connects to Clouds and wireless devices with ease.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

9 hours ago, DM1 said:

It is truly amazing what can now be achieved on an iPad. Unfortunately if your daughter see this, she may never venture down the backyard again!!

Regarding workflow, I find Documents by Readdle (free), very useful. It works well with AP, Camera roll and iOS, has a great file structure system, shares files with other apps and connects to Clouds and wireless devices with ease.

Thanks, DM1. So far I've been using DropBox and haven't had too much trouble with files or file structure. DropBox also allows me to move across all my devices, i.e. iMac, MacBook Air, iPad, etc...  I'll look into Readdle though and see if it will be any better. 

It's amazing what can be done with the Serif apps on an iPad. I too hope the Affinity Designer and Photo are going to claw away a big piece of the graphic market and I think they're well on their way to do that. I've been watching all tutorials on Vimeo and although I do not consider myself entirely new to graphic design, I often fell in awe of what the programs can do. They must have been designed by devs who have a profound background in creating graphic art. It is good to see users make full use of the programs' features.

Home: https://vectorwhiz.com  : : : :  Portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com