Sign in to follow this  
Jangbu

Osprey in B&W

I seldom use B&W for nature photos, but, in this case, like the result. After receiving a tip that a pair of nesting ospreys had taken up residence atop a telephone pole beside a busy local highway, I managed to capture a few images. After conversion to B&W, I adjusted the individual tone curves to blacken the blue sky and produce a range of grey tones. Applied a bit of contrast and sharpening for the final result.

_DSC6634 - Version 3.jpg

16 minutes ago, peter said:

something similar to this 2 rouble coin

Am I allowed to burst into a chorus of ‘Nobody knows the 2 rouble I’ve seen’? No?? I thought not!! :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, peter said:

Nice !

That looks like it belongs on a coin...something similar to this 2 rouble coin,like the red kite from 2016...

photo88646.jpeg

Thanks Peter. Perhaps we should start our own mint.

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Am I allowed to burst into a chorus of ‘Nobody knows the 2 rouble I’ve seen’? No?? I thought not!! :P

Perhaps, but I'd rather you sang "Far, far away."

On 4/22/2018 at 5:38 PM, Alfred said:

Go on then, I'll forgive you for blowing your own trumpet, on that pun;)

On 4/22/2018 at 6:50 PM, Jangbu said:

Thanks Peter. Perhaps we should start our own mint.

Yeah! I'm in...Let's make lots of money.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111