Sign in to follow this  
VolkerMB

Tiny bugs in Designer

Hi there!

While working on a brochure I encountered some problems with the export function of Designer (1.6.4.104 on Windows) and the creation of new documents:

• Sometimes layer masks of embedded photos (.afphoto) are not honoured when exported to pdf (if a sample file is needed, please let me know). I had inserted an image that was edited in Photo before (added a mask layer in order to hide parts of the image). While the screen displayed the image in Designer correctly the exported pdf showed the image as if the mask layer was ignored. I was able to solve the issue by rasterizing the image in question before exporting it to pdf. However, the should not be necessary, should it?
  • Settings for margins are ignored if the option „create artboard“ is set when a new document is created. This applies to the first artboard as well as all others created at a later stage.
  • Perhaps not a bug but an inconvenient behaviour: If you copy several artboards and create a new document from clipboard afterwards, the objects of the copied artboards are inserted in one large document instead of a document with several artboards.

Best,
Volker

Hi VolkerMB

I Think i've been able to reproduce this. It is masks that is applied in the afphoto file rather than on that has been placed on top of the image after it has been embedded. I shall get this reported if it has not been already

The artboards and margins issue is something that we are aware of so I have updated the report we have.

Your last point seems to be more of an improvement but still a valid one.

thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

thanks for having logged these issues.

While preparing the brochure for the print shop I came across another tiny issue: When exporting the complete document to pdf deselected/disabled artboards produce white pages in the expoted file. But I'm not sure whether this is an intended behaviour or not. In fact being able to create different pdfs from one document by selecting different artboards would streamline the workflow a lot (at least my one). With the current behaviour I have to delete several pages afterwards from the pdf using some other software. I would love to save that step.

Best,
Volker

Hi there,

If you select the Artboards you want to export using the layers panel, then go to the export dialog and choose Area: 'Selection'. That will produce the PDF you desire.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris J,

you are right - thanks for the clarification. I assumed falsely that setting a check mark in the layers panel would not only switch visibilty of the respective artboard but also effect the export. Anyway, now I know how to speed up things. Thanks again.

Best,
Volker