You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboards from Assets

DanOakley

Hello there, first time poster on here. thought I would share an assets file and a method for storing and creating Artboards that I am using. I'm sure the ability to create custom presets for Artboards will come in a future update but for now here is the method I use. Apologies if it is used already, just wanted to share my workaround.

In the assets file are several rectangles that correspond to paper sizes etc. (A0 to A5) and a few icon sizes I also use regularly. 

1) Drag the rectangle that corresponds to the Artboard size you want into the canvas and position where you want a new Artboard.

2) Choose the Artboard tool and choose Size: selection from the context toolbar above the canvas and click the insert Artboard button.

3) Select the rectangle you used to make the Artboard in the Layers Panel and delete it (keep it if you need to.

A Caveat: I find that if I don't have the Assets panel set to List mode I just have a series of rectangles in my assets panel and it takes a while to find what I need from it.

Feel free to add your own rectangles/sizes etc. if you find this method useful in any way.

I'm loving Designer by the way, can't wait until I no longer need to use illustrator any more :) not long now!

Cheers - Dan