You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Displace filter request

Hi.

As a new user of Affinity Photo I'm very impressed with it. Coming from Adobe CC and having to end my subscription there, I'm happy you're creating such a great program.

Now, I'm fiddling with some anaglyph images, creating depth maps in Affinity Photo and want to displace a 2D image with the depth map. Problem for me is that the displace filter displaces evenly on both the X and Y axis and I need only to displace on the X axis for the anaglyph image to work. I would love to have the opportunity to select on which axis I want to displace and the amount instead of just one setting for all. 

Would that be possible to add in a future update?

Thank you!

Michael Englyst

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also it should be noted that the displace filter in Affinity doesn't behave like Photoshop/After Effects. It doesn't displace things based on luminance, but rather it seems to look for edges/areas of contrast. If you have a smooth black to white gradient as your map you'll get next to no displacement at all.