You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question about blending Mode

Hi there!

Hope you are doing great. I have a question about some objects inside the attached file:

• Basically: What's the difference between Group 3 and Groups 1 and 2? As you can see, Group 3 doesn't look like the rest, and I believe all have the same settings.

Blend.png

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards!

Question - Blending Mode.afdesign

• Staff

Hi Mithferion,

I am currently still looking into this with the QA team but I would like to say for a moment you had a few of us stumped! The 1st two groups are actually the ones behaving badly! If you change their blend mode from Passthrough back to Normal then back to Passthrough you will see they behave like the 3rd group however we aren't sure why the first two groups are behaving badly! You can achieve the effect of the first 2 groups by setting the blend mode to Overlay.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thanks a lot for your answer, Callum! Sorry I couldn't add more detail into this. So...

I had this AI file and Opened it in Designer, and seeing how it was done I noticed the blending mode. Since I'm not well verse with that I thought it was me who was doing something wrong.

As you can see, when you open the file in Designer, the blend mode is set to Passthrough:

AI_File.png

It didn't occur to me that the blending mode is wrong in the first place and that the behavior is that of Overlay.

Best regards!

2520.ai

Yep, the original file was generated in Illustrator. And they told me the blend mode in each object was Soft Light.

Best regards!