You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move Studio menu to its own parent item

Hello,

Something I think would be really useful and save a lot of time is to move the "Studio" item from "View" to its own parent item. It would make toggling things like Characters, Assets and Symbols much quicker for those that don't have them open all the time.

I don't know about other people but I always felt it was not intuitive where it is.

Thanks,

Tim

• Staff

Hi supernovi,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You are probably aware of this already but just in case, you can assign keyboard shortcuts to the panels you use most to toggle them quickly. Go to Affinity Preferences, set the first dropdown to the Persona you want and the second to Miscellaneous then set the shortcuts you wish.

ALT+v (release keys) then d

is the quickest way using just the keyboard, I think.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Also from a product point of view it's better because all these neat things you can't see out of the box are not as hidden away as they currently are.

I'm biased but my opinion is this is a no brainer, there is plenty of room on the bar to add it too.