sk4nner

Crash when double clicking a text frame (to adjust to content) - since Affinity Designer 1.6 Beta

Whenever I doubleclick on a textframe to adjust it to its content, Affinity Designer crashes. This happens mostly in documents with multiple artboards and groups/layers.

Hi Chris,

please find the attached file. I can reproduce the crash everytime I double click the bottom handle of the textbox.

Update: I forgot to mention, that I created this file out of an flyer project. I only removed all other layers and symbols. If you try with a fresh document this crash behaviour might not occur.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.de941a5426101f24b4779ca9ba21c46f.png

AD_Textbox_Crashtest.afdesign

This is the same as the issue I recently logged. It looks like this has been fixed for an internal beta build but I don't have access to that to double check. I'll update this thread once I've managed to test it. Thank you.

I'm still having that same issue today, almost 3 months later since the OP (july 11), its becoming unbearable, as stupid as it is,  i keep double clicking text boxes unconsciously because it's something i've done it for years.

I'm losing tons of time because of all crashes and constant remakes of everything that wasn't saved by the recovery...

This has to be fixed as soon as possible...

I'm using the latest version of affinity designer (1.6.4.104)

21 minutes ago, Rauven said:

I'm still having that same issue today, almost 3 months later since the OP (july 11), its becoming unbearable, as stupid as it is,  i keep double clicking text boxes unconsciously because it's something i've done it for years.

I'm losing tons of time because of all crashes and constant remakes of everything that wasn't saved by the recovery...

This has to be fixed as soon as possible...

I'm using the latest version of affinity designer (1.6.4.104)

This is fixed in the current beta. I'm not sure when this fix along with all the other fixes we've made will be pushed to release but if you wanted to try the beta, you can download it from here:

The beta can run alongside the release version. 

On 4/18/2018 at 11:17 AM, sk4nner said:

Whenever I doubleclick on a textframe to adjust it to its content, Affinity Designer crashes. This happens mostly in documents with multiple artboards and groups/layers.

I have the same problem in the current AD, the beta version seems to work for me as it doesn't crash anymore.