Kook Kai

pan & zoom problem ( with Wacom Intuos Pro)

I have been fiddling with how to zoom and pan with my Wacom tablet. Managed to get the zoom to work by rotating the touch ring. For panning, at one point on one file, I can pan using 3 finger swipe gesture. The other time I created the new artboard, deleted the old one, the panning with gesture just stopped working. If I swipe 3 fingers, it select the object instead. Then I tried holding spacebar method, the tool just got stuck in "pan" forever. The only way to get out of the pan mode is to click the hand tool once, then click the other tool I want to use. Is this a bug?

Gabriel, 

It is Affinity Designer, Mac, purchased version. Thanks for looking at it. It's getting a bit frustrating. I checked the help file about using tablet. It should work with pinching and dragging just like how I did in Adobe Illustrator, in reality, it does not. I tried every setting in AD preference and Wacom preference, none works.

have you tried removing the drivers and installing the latest drivers, even if you have the latest try removing the drivers and app and reinstall.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

@GabrielM I did what you suggested, didn't work. I set the preference to use mouse wheel to zoom, I can zoom with 2 fingers dragging. If I detick this option, I can pan with 2 fingers drag but cannot zoom.