hujikoda

one pixel is added to my exported picture

Hi there !

I actually wasn't sure if I should post this in bugs, or in the question section..

I have problem with the size of my exported pictures. The size of the artborad is 640*200px but when I export it, the file is 640*201px. You can see what I mean on the screenshop attached

It does exactly the same thing on my other artboard, 200*640px becomes 200*641px.

I also joined my file ;) Thanks in advance

_screen aff.jpg

_screen win.jpg

frames.afdesign

The two artboards (footer portrait & foot landscape) are on a sub-pixel in the Y dimension. Select each one and type in a whole number in the transform panel. For instance, make the Y dimension 8022 instead of the 8021.8 that it is. Do the same on the other one. They will then export at the artboard dimensions.

Mike

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Ok thanks, that's perfect. However, the option "force pixel alignement" is on, how come the dimension are are not rounded?

Thanks for your quick answer by the way ;)

Hi guillaumebeneze,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you duplicating the artboards dragging them and pressing the alt key? If so ⌥ (alt) overrides the snapping options (including Force Pixel Alignment). Press ⌘ (cmd) (CTRL on Windows) instead to duplicate them without overriding the snapping options.

Artboards, should always be forced to be pixel aligned, at least at the top left of the artboard. Then as long as the artboard is even dimensions it's all good. 

It's not the way it is, though. 

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Hi guillaumebeneze,

If you have Force Pixel Alignment Enabled the artboards should honour the pixel grid (move to whole values). Check if you have Move By Whole Pixels also checked. If so disable it as this will force the artboards to keep decimal places if they were already placed in non-integer values or have non-integer dimensions.

If you still have trouble moving them without them being automatically aligned to the pixel grid please attach the file here and a screenshot of your snapping settings so we can take. a look at what's going on.

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Check if you have Move By Whole Pixels also checked. If so disable it as this will force the artboards to keep decimal places if they are placed in non-integer values.

The problem seems to be that 'Move By Whole Pixels' takes priority over 'Force Pixel Alignment'. It should really be the other way around (i.e. 'Move By Whole Pixels' should only be honoured if 'Force Pixel Alignment' is disabled).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

image.thumb.png.ff261dd11e42d93d0f7c61ffdad15fd2.png

On 4/17/2018 at 11:23 PM, MEB said:

Hi guillaumebeneze,

If you have Force Pixel Alignment Enabled the artboards should honour the pixel grid (move to whole values). Check if you have Move By Whole Pixels also checked. If so disable it as this will force the artboards to keep decimal places if they were already placed in non-integer values or have non-integer dimensions.

If you still have trouble moving them without them being automatically aligned to the pixel grid please attach the file here and a screenshot of your snapping settings so we can take. a look at what's going on.

Hi Meb !

I actually have both "force pixel alignment" and "move by whole pixels" activated.

I get your point about disable "move by whole pixels" if I already have a decimal.

The problem here is actually that decimal are created to other objects around. Like if a 1px object is aligned with a 2px object, then its position will be 1,5... no matter the "force pixel alignment" and "move by whole pixels" settings

On 4/17/2018 at 11:26 PM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

The problem seems to be that 'Move By Whole Pixels' takes priority over 'Force Pixel Alignment'. It should really be the other way around (i.e. 'Move By Whole Pixels' should only be honoured if 'Force Pixel Alignment' is disabled).

Agreed! ;)