You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I turn off color management?

This is so frustrating. When I create a new document, AD insists on managing my colors. Why? Why, why, why?! My monitor is properly calibrated and the system (Windows 10) driver manages the colors. But AD thinks I want it to manage the colors, too. So, after carefully choosing the right look, and exporting the image to SVG or other format, the result looks disastrous.

Why is AD doing this? And how do I turn it off? There seems to be no way to turn it off. There is a myriad of options for a profile, but there is no do nothing option.

19 hours ago, AdamStanislav said:

This is so frustrating. When I create a new document, AD insists on managing my colors. Why? Why, why, why?! My monitor is properly calibrated and the system (Windows 10) driver manages the colors. But AD thinks I want it to manage the colors, too. So, after carefully choosing the right look, and exporting the image to SVG or other format, the result looks disastrous.

Why is AD doing this? And how do I turn it off? There seems to be no way to turn it off. There is a myriad of options for a profile, but there is no do nothing option.

Affinity works with your calibrated monitor. You choose whatever document colour format you want, and then at draw time we convert the colours from document to screen (monitor). The problem may be that we're not setting the colour profile into the SVG (and instead converting colours to the destination colour profile, at export time). This means that if your SVG viewer is also converting from sRGB to monitor profile, you will get a double conversion.

My SVG viewer? I always view my SVG files in several viewers, including two different web browsers as well as opening the SVG in Affinity Designer. All I am asking is how do I turn your color management off. Just put the same colors into the SVG file that I have chosen for the .afdesign file.