You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to disable the smoothing (anti-aliasing) for the pixel rendering (view and png export).

Currently it's only possible to choose a smoothing Resample like "Bilinear" or "Lanczos". This is great. I miss the option "None".

Important for pixel art or gif images. (images without alpha channel). 

e.g. I want a pixel perfect circle.

Is this already possible? If not, I want to suggest this feature. Just disable the resampling. 

• Staff

Hi @Domvel,

Check this topic:

On 23/03/2018 at 10:15 AM, MEB said:

Select all the objects you want aliased, click the cog icon in the Layers panel and adjust the Coverage Map as you see fit. See example below (the bottom one has the coverage map adjusted).

coverage_map.thumb.png.fdc64bf0932a4a02d2643c94497df2bc.png

Ok, thanks. This is a nice workaround. But in my opinion not the best / correct solution.

It's a bit "dirty". Because the profile curve may not perfect snapped to the value 0 and 1. If the value of one point is just 0.999999, you still have a bit smoothing (alpha).

And this is only for single objects. Not for the whole project. 

Please don't misunderstand me. Blend gamma "solution" seems to work. But it's only a workaround. Fine, I'll test it with more complex scenes. But the suggestion for the resample option "none" still present.

• Staff

Hi Domvel,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently there's no other option/setting to turn anti-aliasing off. You can select multiple objects and change the coverage map curve to apply it to all at once.

The resampling algorithms only matter when up/downscaling a document on export. What you are looking for is a specific antialiasing setting for export which currently we don't have.

I'm moving this thread to the Feature Requests section.

Hi, thanks :)

Yes, it's only for pixel graphics like png. Also great for the pixel view mode. To preview the result. ... For what is the setting "Resample" in "Document Setup"? Is this the option I mean? To resample pixel? Isn't? Anyway, I am looking forward to the feature.