You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD Win] Prevent accidentally adding anchors when clicking with node-tool on curve-region

It happens to me a lot that I click right next to an anchor point when I want to move it with the node-tool. That shouldn't be a problem, but in designer it adds a new anchor point to the curve everytime this happens.

Although I understand adding anchor points to a curve-region this way is a quick way to do it, it is annoying when this constantly happens when trying to move existing anchor points or bend a curve-region.

I might be missing something, but I can't find any setting to turn this click-to-add-anchor behaviour off in the node tool.

This is even more problematic when a lot of anchor points are very closely together and you can't see them all in the current zoom. Then you don't even know that you accidentally added anchor points. Which is causing unintended changes in the graphic without me knowing it.

I like it to be able to add anchor points with the node tool, but I think it would be better when we have to press a control-key with it like alt, ctr, shift to prevent accidentally adding anchors.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...