You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Small irritating line visible between 2 objects with the same color

Hi all,

I have a small but irritating problem with two squared objects with the same color.

I have two squares which are filled with yellow (RGB). The line width I set to 0.

Now when there is for example a black background behind those squares, and I choose "zoom" --> "Actual size", a very thin line is visible where the objects touch each other. However, when I choose 100%, 200%, 400% or 800% the line disappears.

What I also find strange is that when I export an object which has dimensions set as 32 x 32, those sizes increase with 1 pixel (png). So those 32 becomes 33.

Can you tell me what is going wrong here? I think I should not bother about the visible line, it is probably a glitch of the laptop screen. I am using the latest version of Affinity Designer on Windows 7.

Thank you very much for your help which is appreciated.

Chris

Hello Owenr,

A "special thank you" for your very skilled and professional help. I do appreciate the time and efforts you spent on helping me with something I could no longer solve on my own.

I enabled "Force Pixel alignment" and disabled "Move by whole pixel' which exactly respected the dimensions of my object when it is exported.

Also I was not aware of the possible misalignment when there are multiple Artboards present. There are indeed 3 artboards present.

I agree with you that the option "Force Pixel Alignment' is our best friend.

I already corrected the file and now everything looks as expected. The graphics I am creating now are for a "Sorry!" game I am making in Construct 3 for our small daughter. When it is finished, I will give you a copy if you like (it does not contain adds or any bloatware).

You did made my day and improved my (limited) drawing skills. I wish you all the best and a very nice day.

Chris