You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Have been reading about smart objects on this form so I viewed a video on PS smart objects. As noted by the awesome moderators, AP has the ability to do almost the same thing. After developing a photo I saved and then Placed it into a predefined doc for printing. However I wanted to do some changes so I clicked the move tool which brought up Edit Document in the header. Clicking that opened the original so that I was able to do the edits with AP filters which automatically updated the Embedded document. However when I tried to wrap an image around an object with the Mesh Warp tool, it updated the Embedded doc but I was not able to go back and change it. Is that possible?  

The other thing that I noted and this could be because of the camera and lens I was using, after going back and forth a few times, the processing became quite dodgy and slow.  I was using a Sony A7R3 and the Sony 100-400 GM lens (not yet supported by Afinity). 

Thanks owenr, yes destructive, but now I know how to do the same non-destructively by using

Live filter layer - perspective,

Move tool - convert to curves, 

Node tool

Can convert this to any shape, Place it in another image, and by using edit image, can edit the shape however I wish.  

Really cool.  I am not sure why people are so upset that AP seems not to have the features of Smart Objects.