You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm very level entry user, I use AP for simple personal photo editing or some funny photoshops (should I say affinityshops?).

Would like to know which color selector do expert people use and why. Since the first use I used the wheel, well only because it was the first option, but it seems that from a lot of video I saw on YT expert people use sliders?

I normally use Sliders, largely because I am often adjusting Levels or Colour balance and it keeps it consistent.

Incidentally, if you double click on a colour well,

well.jpg.bc99d917bbddc590fb276e66a6d85c55.jpg

wells

it opens the larger chooser.

chooser.jpg.ca872175a6aabd1783b9ca133950f2cf.jpg

I often use that.

P.S. No, you shouldn't say affinityshops because it could be Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo and affinitydesignershops doesn't work well ;)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

1 hour ago, toltec said:

Incidentally, if you double click on a colour well,

it opens the larger chooser.

Oh didn't know this, I will switch to slider and double click for the wheel.

However if I restart the program the double click opens the "Hue" slider, not the last one I opened. Do you know if there is any way to "save" your selection for the double click selector?

On the right of the sliders is a box where you can select what kind of sliders you want. Just click on the arrow and you will see "RGB sliders". If you choose that option, you will get exactly the same sliders as in the image here.

I tried this in Designer but should be the same for Photo.

Hope this helps.

Chris