You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi fellow-AP users! I've made a small sketch on paper, photographed it and am now trying to remove the paper grain.

The grain is making the image look very dark. Besides that, the colours and structure look much 'harsher' than in real life. My goal is to adjust the image in such a way that the paper looks white.

I've tried to improve the image, but really don't know where to start. Looking forward to your feedback!

Afphoto file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lf5f677f6dcm6y/tshirt.afphoto?dl=1

tshirt.jpg

Hi gewoonm

Are you able to re-photograph your drawing and expose it so the paper appears white? i.e. increase the exposure by 1.5 to 2 stops?

This will obviously be a better place to start from if you want the final image to accurately reflect your drawing.:)

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

Just had a mess around, it's just a quickie try and my tablet decided to be awkward so any brush work was done with a mouse so not really what I wanted it to look like but its not bad for a mouse thing. Oh I think I've saved the history so you can scroll back on the history panel to see what I did.

tshirt - firstdefence tweak.afphoto

5ad1ae1cf1c13_ScreenShot2018-04-14at08_30_14.png.f0954c53ecebbfc4ed76d119d1b202c8.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

@Oval the Denoise Filter was my first choice, but it appears to do nothing (not even extreme setting). Is it possible it is broken? My bad: it doesn't work inside the group, if I put it on top of the layer, it works

@Fixx that's a neat trick to get rid of the background, but it messes up the colours as well :) I can use this as the start for re-colouring digitally.

6 hours ago, gewoonm said:

I've combined all suggestions ;) Curious for your feedback

tshirt_v2.jpg

Very funky, what matters is if you like it and more importantly if your "Better Half" likes it :) 

But... if you want to go with colour harmonies lose the red and replace with: #958aff

5ad21ab9d5ab8_ScreenShot2018-04-14at16_13_36.png.cb9d1d998da94d5789a885f11ca458aa.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

11 hours ago, gewoonm said:

@firstdefence thanks! That's a great suggestion :) I also added a blur filter. The result is now live: https://www.1001ideas.org 

Thanks again!

Much Better. Like your idea's too, the door one is a good idea but a word of warning on that is the Car fob scam, when the fob is out of range the door locks automagically, the only issue with that is a fob signal can be jammed by nefarious people as has happened in the past and it sounds like the car locks but it doesn't, the only way to know for sure is to pull the handle, so you are back to square one. If it could be done in such a way that a signal cannot be jammed you have a worthy idea that could make you a rich person. 

@firstdefence thanks! It really is a silly hobby of mine, just to keep my creative juices flowing a bit :D For the 'self-locking door': that would all be handled by the phone. The app checks if it goes out of geofence from the door and then locks it automatically. In that way there's no 'jamming' possible. Looking forward to becoming a rich person ;) 

Just now, gewoonm said:

By the way, I love the kaleidoscopes on your instagram!!

Thanks, I'm a bit obsessed with Fractals lol, just been playing with animating them.

5ad30213a6224_Trippydrop.gif.0c75382c364054d58fcbefbcb2053fc3.gif

@firstdefence Your Fractal Kaleidoscope Gif should come with a health warning!

I've just lost half the morning being mesmerised by it... I eventually regained consciousness slumped in the chair with my chin on the mousepad.

It's just too beautiful to look at.

-Caution: Do not drive or operate heavy machinery in its presence.-:S

...however, I do thank you so much for posting it!:13_upside_down:

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

19 minutes ago, Roger C said:

@firstdefence Your Fractal Kaleidoscope Gif should come with a health warning!

I've just lost half the morning being mesmerised by it... I eventually regained consciousness slumped in the chair with my chin on the mousepad.

It's just too beautiful to look at.

-Caution: Do not drive or operate heavy machinery in its presence.-:S

...however, I do thank you so much for posting it!:13_upside_down:

Kind of you to say.

2 hours ago, dutchshader said:

@firstdefence, what app did you use to create the fractals. I realy like them:)

The fractals were made in an app called FraxHD and to get the kaleidoscope effect I use Pixelmator (iOS). The animation above was made with iO Crafter using Conformal Maps. FraxHD and iO Crafter are iOS apps, Pixelmator has OS X versions too.

I keep badgering the designers to make Desktop versions of FraxHD and iO Crafter but they are fighting me on it. iO Crafter also has a companion app Called iOrnament which can create tessellated patterns and those patterns can be exported to iO Crafter.

8 hours ago, firstdefence said:

iO Crafter also has a companion app Called iOrnament

Maybe the developers changed the name, but iO Crafter seems to be called iOrnament Crafter these days. The two apps are offered in a bundle (imaginatively named iOrnament Duo) which I'm about to cave in and purchase.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

Maybe the developers changed the name, but iO Crafter seems to be called iOrnament Crafter these days. The two apps are offered in a bundle (imaginatively named iOrnament Duo) which I'm about to cave in and purchase.

I knew you would, it was just a matter of time before the wriggly worm tempt ya lol!

17 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

I knew you would, it was just a matter of time before the wriggly worm tempt ya lol!

ROFL. Have we gone off topic yet? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I'm calling "no" because we are in the same ballpark with graphics, oh who am I kidding... yes we are off topic... again lol! I think we need an off topic section.