You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

timeline animation affinity photo/designer

Quite honestly, I don't want to see AD being 'bent' into any of that direction. Keep it what it is and make that (more than) good. I left behind Xara Designer (with a sigh) when they added more and more non vector related features. 

Everyone's mileage may vary.... 

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

14 minutes ago, dominik said:

Quite honestly, I don't want to see AD being 'bent' into any of that direction. Keep it what it is and make that (more than) good. I left behind Xara Designer (with a sigh) when they added more and more non vector related features. 

Everyone's mileage may vary.... 

d.

At least Serif needs to give plug-ins for that. I'm an Illustrator and Animator.  

1 minute ago, Fatih19 said:

I'm an Illustrator and Animator.  

Hi @Fatih19,

as I said, there are many different users with different expectations. Just like you and me.

I consider especially this section of the forum as a 'worldwide congress of exchange of ideas' :)

But we'll have to wait and see what Serif is going to make out of it.

All the best,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Agree, this would be a very welcome feature. It would not even have to do everything other animation tools can. Just tracking a few things in key frames would be a great addition, like Position, Scale, Rotation and opacity would be enough for a lot of simple animations. You don't need to track every point in a curve object, if you just track the objects or groups properties it would be enough.

If it needs to be a separate product I would be more than happy to pay for it. I've tried Synfig and Open toonz but they do not import the drawings from Affinity Designer correctly. Even if I try to copy the drawing to inkscape and then export it, the tools can not handle gradients correctly. Maybe After effects of Toon boom would correctly import the drawings but they are just to expensive for the tasks I need them for.

• 11 months later...

Ha!  You beat me to it, dotails!

I was about to add a post in the suggestions asking if Affinity might consider (for their next app) to do an animation program... something like Moho Pro (Previously Animation Studio Pro) would be awesome.  Moho is a real powerhouse (with features that I find even the full-pro versions of other animation software don't have)... but, I fear for their future lately.  Seems a bit iffy...  If the rumours are true, there may be funding issues.  Not much info on that, so I don't know...

I have been hoping for some really solid alternative if Moho fades away.  If Affinity would pursue that, for their next app, that would be excellent (and, I'd imagine, quite popular).

I agree with others, in that perhaps it shouldn't be taked onto Photo or Designer... both because it would stray a bit from their intentions (although an animated GIF feature would be nice)... but also because I would love to see a full-featured, dedicated animation app from Affinity...  something with smart-bones/actions, vertex colouring, physics based secondary animation, etc... like Moho has.

(If you do, PLEASE make the timeline good... including not using tiny, virtually identical icons for the various keyframe types!)

+1 to Affinity "Animator". I use After Effects ALL the time and it would be great if Affinity added a timeline to Photo with key framing. I so want to get away from the Adobe camp. If "Animator" had the same round-tripping like publisher you guys could truly compete with Adobe.

Or maybe it's not "Animator" maybe its Affinity "Editor". You can edit footage and have the ability to round-trip into Designer and Photo to create assets.

One day we will have a real competitor to After Effects.

• 5 months later...

I am adding for separated app if there will be any. Or it could be in Photo but not like in Photoshop, but more like Animation/Flash or Adobe After Effect. Why not in Photo? I am afraid of cluttered UI and UX. We do not need another bloatware. I am more to UNIX approach of app architecture. More small apps, that will do what we are expecting. Not messy app, where we cant find solution within few seconds. But i do not care right now. We can use other free tools for animation. But it will be very nice to see some functionality that will help us to bring a life to our creations.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I'll need almost timeline for create animation with greats choices exportation... ;)

/_\                               
              |    |                                                                                                                         ________
 _______|     \                                                         ______      |                 -      |\         |       |
|____ |             \___       ______    -     |\          /|    |______     |                 |      |   \      |       |_______
|____ |         |                      |         |      |  \     /   |    |              
|                 |      |      \   |       |
|____ |         |   _______      |         |      |     \/     |    |______    |_______    |      |         \|       |________
  |___ | ___/

That would be nice, as first step affinity could load each frame of an gif to an new layer. So this would be the first step. Now we have to do all by hand. That could be easier. So loading a gif? Put each frame in onthef layer. Please, and then add animation.

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2020 at 9:05 PM, threedslider said:

I am searching for animation in Affinity cause it is great feature for animator !! Go in this site on what i mean : Cacani ... If Affinity make that for animation as inspired, that will be great for truly fast animation :)

please elaborate how to export from affinity to cacani for animation

I have some bad news. Yesterday Steven from Affinity emailed me that, "We do not have any current plans to create an animation app"

I'm so sorry everyone. I've tried many animation apps but can't find any that support the effects like inner shadows and such. If you know of a tweening animation app that does please let me know.

Edited by dotails

On 4/11/2018 at 11:50 AM, All Media Lab said:

Hi,

In Sketch and Photoshop it's possible to make timeline animations. Are there any plans for Affinity?

I'm talking about something like this:

https://timeline.animaapp.com/

Regards,

David

Petition

I found a petition to make Affinity Animator a thing! If you sign it and maybe we can move mountains.

timeline.png