tomekf248

Single licence for home and workplace?

Hello,

I own both Affinity products and absolutely love them. I recently got a new job and that raised a question about licencing, which I can't figure out from the EULA.

Can I use my personal licence at my workplace or does my employer have to buy a seperate licence for me to use at a company computer?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @tomekf248. :)

My understanding is that a company computer is considered to be ultimately controlled by your employer, even if you control it on a day-to-day basis, so although your personal licence covers you for any computer that you “own or control” your employer would have to buy a separate licence in a case like this. No doubt a member of Serif staff will be able to confirm or refute my interpretation.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi, 

I would like for Affinity team to clarify the following " although your personal licence covers you for any computer that you “own or control” - is this correct? I generally use my desktop buy i would like to practice a little over the holidays. can i install Affinity Designer on my laptop? 

Both my desktop and laptop have windows 10. 

If not, can i still use the trial and save assets which i can send to my desktop when i return from holidays? 

I would really appreciate a quick response, busy packing now - i should have asked sooner but im forgetful. 

much appreciated 

I'm not a Serif employee, but as I'm not sure how quickly one of them will respond: Yes, if you own both computers you can install your copy of the Affinity application on both of them, as long as they're the same OS (both Windows, or both MacOS).

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta