IzelPhotography

No Brush Indicator

This has probably already been reported but couldn't find it.

Selected brush indicator disappears when you change the size of the brush. Makes it a bit hard to fin which brush you're using if you have a lot.

Affinity Photo for Mac.

Hey IzelPhotography,

This is because you are no longer using that brush preset. I put an improvement request for this to be changed (a long time ago) so I'll see if dev are interested in making this a bit friendlier.

A workaround for now is to make your own category with a few select brushes you wish to use for each project. It's a bit more work but it should stop any confusion. 

23 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey IzelPhotography,

This is because you are no longer using that brush preset. I put an improvement request for this to be changed (a long time ago) so I'll see if dev are interested in making this a bit friendlier.

A workaround for now is to make your own category with a few select brushes you wish to use for each project. It's a bit more work but it should stop any confusion. 

Cheers, I figured that would be the case.

In PS, you always see the brush you use even if the size changes.... changing the size isn't really changing the brush, it's changing it's properties. The same way as changing the brush dynamics doesn't stop the brush from being highlighted, your just adjusting the brush properties.

Creating a category is ok if you know which brushes you want but when you have 30+ brushes in a category and you're working your way through them to see what fits best it's very hard to keep track of where you are up to. Hopefully this will be resolved soon then as it just feels like a bug. There's no way you'd have a brush for each size increment as that would be crazy. Thanks again

On 12/04/2018 at 10:06 AM, Chris B said:

I agree with you. It's something I reported when I first started working on Affinity. I've bumped the initial report I made to see if we can improve this.

Excellent.... thanks