DennisBB

Render errors of embedded documents in exported jpeg

Hi,

I've found that some render errors from embedded documents are also visible after the export to jpeg. Especially when resized. The errors seem to be the borders of the embedded document.

I attached the complete project I tested it with, including screenshots of the export settings.

Maybe I set/did something wrong, although I didn't change anything except the pixel dimensions.

I'm rather new to this photo editing stuff and watched a lot of the tutorials, which were really helpfull by the way.

Greetings

Dennis

Test.zip

render_error_after_resized_export.JPG

Hi,

OK, If i do it like you and don't use the embedded document feature, i can mask the 1-pixel-boarder-line, but if i use the embedded doc feature, the problem occurs if i export it with a reduced pixel dimension. Even if i try to mask the borders in the mask layer of the embedded doc (via "edit dokument"). If i export it in original pixel dimension the line wasn't visible, but i had an other project where it was visible in the original sized export as well.

Have you tried exporting directly from the Test.afphoto (after masking the borders in the embedded doc's mask layer) with a reduced pixel dimension (like 3000x2250) and see if it occured?

I tried to do it like in this tutorial, and noticed the border-lines after exporting:

Greetings

Dennis

@DennisBB

Hi I can conform what you are seeing even with a new embedded document.

If you apply a mask to it then erase all outer content, the outline of the embedded document will appear in your main document

To resolve it for now either crop the embedded document by a few pixels on all sides or rasterise the main layer in the embedded document so that the mask is no longer editable

Even so, I do not believe it should act like this so hopefully a mod or dev will confirm what you are seeing and will get it officially logged as a bug

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hello Dennis,
I don't know if it's a bug from Affinity, in any case, it is not normal.
I think the problem is the embedding of your file (_1070007)
To avoid the white lines, I would do the following.
Either save the selection of the image in PNG format ( so has the selection  a transparent background)
or  the selection via copy and paste in the main image insert.

see attachement

Cheers

Test-3.jpg

Test-3.afphoto

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.1.404 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.1.404:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.1.399:       Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1809 Build 17763.557)

Hi,

Yes, that works, but i think that would make the cut-out-mask uneditable in the _1070007 file, wouldn't it? The goal is to keep it editable by embedding the .afphoto file.

The Workaround that carl stated worked (cropping the embedded doc a few pixels on all sides) and keeps it editable (working "nondestructivly").

Thanks for the effort, though.

Greetings

Dennis