You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Good morning from the Bay Area. Of all the modes Ap offers Pixel mode is the one that I have yet to conquer. Maybe I missed it , but I didn't see many tutorials offered on the official site. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I am curious to see/hear how you implement this mode into your workflow. And if you had some of the same issues I am having, how did you learn to use this mode, and what do you find you use it for the most?  Thank you for your time and guidance, it really is appreciated.

• Staff

Hi BrokenT :),

Affinity Photo is mostly pixel based, meaning that you are essentially always in 'pixel mode' and it does not have a pixel persona, unlike Affinity Designer. There is a good list of tutorials for AP here.
Could you expand on the issues you are having? And what you mean by pixel mode in Affinity Photo?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

6 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi BrokenT :),

Affinity Photo is mostly pixel based, meaning that you are essentially always in 'pixel mode' and it does not have a pixel persona, unlike Affinity Designer. There is a good list of tutorials for AP here.
Could you expand on the issues you are having? And what you mean by pixel mode in Affinity Photo?

Dan I think I called it the wrong mode for AP. I meant the liquefy mode in AP. Same questions right module now :) 

• Staff

No problem!

We have 2 specific videos regarding the Liquify persona, here and here which should hopefully help you to understand the basics of the mode, as well as workflow implementation.
Unfortunately I'm not quite the creative type, so I don't use the mode personally, but what sort of issues are you having here?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

7 hours ago, Dan C said:

No problem!

We have 2 specific videos regarding the Liquify persona, here and here which should hopefully help you to understand the basics of the mode, as well as workflow implementation.
Unfortunately I'm not quite the creative type, so I don't use the mode personally, but what sort of issues are you having here?

Thank you so much Dan. I will check these out after work! I should hold on my issues till after I watch the videos. But one thing I found, and again it can just be me not doing my research well. I just couldn't find a lot of tutorials on that modual and when I tried just goofing off in it. I felt like I was just making things worse and would get frustrated, then want to take my toys and go home :). Ill keep you posted on how this goes and will share my first work using this tool. I would love to check out your work if you have a place I can go look.

Be well my Friend

T

• Staff

Hi T,

Of course, do let us know!
Unfortunately I'm not much of a creative type, and have very little in terms of personal creations, but we have threads on the forums dedicated to Artists better than me in share your work :)

Please note -

Many thanks!